SLC picture thread

Although all the pictures on this thread are of completed SLCs, I thought you all would like to see what one looks like in the snow! This is what happens when you accept delivery in New Jersey in December...

A8573697-6756-4E70-A2D0-46337E921B90_zpszzocjnj5.jpg

Here ya go...a kit readied for shipping

Attachments

• P1011571 [640x480].JPG
    P1011571 [640x480].JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 603
  • P1011572 [640x480].JPG
    P1011572 [640x480].JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 497
  • P1011573 [640x480].JPG
    P1011573 [640x480].JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 633
  • P1011574 [640x480].JPG
    P1011574 [640x480].JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 560

Michael Fling

Supporter
Those wheels look amazing. Cool color too. I know this seems a little crazy… but- I like the upper/lower corner fiberglass that has not been removed in the windows. I have actually considered leaving that in place. Crazy… no? :shocked:

Those wheels look amazing. Cool color too. I know this seems a little crazy… but- I like the upper/lower corner fiberglass that has not been removed in the windows. I have actually considered leaving that in place. Crazy… no? :shocked:

The hippo mirrors will use some of that upper f/glass area - I'd imagine that leaving that extra meat in place will also offer a stiffer door structure.

Those wheels really open up the view to the brake/wheel mechanicals.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...New Jersey in December...

According to the weather gurus, we'll be in the same boat here tomorrow morning. :sad:

Anyway - to the point of this post: I am struck by the fact that apparently the 'white' on your SLC actually is "white as snow"!!! 'First time I've ever seen that! Up 'til now, any white paint I've ever seen has been a 'dirty white' when viewed outside in the frosty stuff.

Is the paint actually that white 'in person', or was the camera just overwhelmed by all the "white" in the field of view and it said, "Screw it! I'll just split the difference!"?

My white gelcoat SLC was parked in the sun outside Fran's shop in June when I went to pick it up, and everyone (including me) had to squint when we looked at it.

"The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades..."

JR

It's funny how it looks like a little go-kart compared to the other cars, though, in person it doesn't look that small.. Low,, YES,, but not tiny like it looks in the pictures.

...and the coilovers are about as high as they can go. Kyle, I see a Utah address for you but that shot was in Dallas. where did you find those?

...and the coilovers are about as high as they can go. Kyle, I see a Utah address for you but that shot was in Dallas. where did you find those?

So, once a week, I go to google, YouTube, and Flicker (and sometimes other searchable picture/video websites) and I search for three terms "Superlite SLC", "Superlite SL-C", and "Superlite Coupe" to see if there are any new pics/vids out there. On google, I then click on images, and then 'search tools' and on 'time' I then pick 'past week', and I see if I can find any new SLC pictures to post in this thread...
Yesterday, on google, this post (where I found your car pictured) came up:
:)
Fourtitude.com - What car did I see?

22962d1388290119-full-r8-cf-body-mod-china-sl-c-44.jpg

1_SL-C_at_Jordans.jpg

Dyno Test
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqKvPBiBs90"]JDP Motorsports - LS7 Powered SuperLite SL-C Dyno - YouTube[/ame]

2_fly.JPG

Back