SLC picture thread

Wayne's car. He opened up the side scoops himself, I believe there is a hidden method of opening. It's Gorgeous! Going to see him next week when he returns.

BTW the door acuator system was developed by Peter, who also has an actuators that open the rear clip. Very impressive work on his part.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Allan... forgot to ask. I noticed the upper and lower corners of the windows are still in place. I like the look. My guess is leaving that area in place would obstruct vision too much? Does the owner plan on removing that, or is it going to stay in place?

A few more...

I think that I have found and posted almost every picture that exists on the internet of the Superlite Coupe (SLC), but I would love to be proved wrong!
"Prove me wrong, children! hehe, prove me wrong..." - Principal Skinner, The Simpsons...
:) ...

9856702173_2676ff95cb_c.jpg

9856683736_cbe49dbab3_c.jpg

9856664745_b26564f633_c.jpg

Its a part that was made in Australia..
I have never seen one in the flesh so cannot really say what is functional and what is "style"...

If I recall correctly its to help draw cooler air in from the roof scoop...

Am I looking at this correct? Is the top intake thing just a complete fake? Or is there a purpose to it?
Superlite_SLC_Red_Australia_11170222073_293c882b96_o_Open_SideDown2_zps53544bbb.jpg~original
As Fran stated it is functional, directs air from roof scoop to engine intake. I think the reason it exists is that you are legally not allowed to have an exposed air filter on Australian road cars.

Back