SLC picture thread

More google stalking has produced:

IMG_9973-213.jpg

city_ride_sweet_adams_morgan.jpg

and who's is this? I know i've seen pictures of it around here before...
top_20brighter_20play_202_20low_20res.jpg

and who's is this? I know i've seen pictures of it around here before...
top_20brighter_20play_202_20low_20res.jpg
Someone in the UK tried to start selling the Aspira F620 which was essentially a modified SLC. It had a very plush interior but I definitely preferrerd the classic lines of the SLC compared to the rebodied Aspira. The price tag was right around 250,000. Given that the previous Aspira site is gone, I assume they went under.

(My photobucket must have shrunk the size of the above picture... This is the one that I wanted to post, sorry.)

Attachments

• Superlite_SLC_Red_Rapier_Bankoboev_Ru_coupe_Side_Coastline_Wingless_Large.jpg
    Superlite_SLC_Red_Rapier_Bankoboev_Ru_coupe_Side_Coastline_Wingless_Large.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 356
Having live in S FL for 20 years that background looks really familiar. Looks like it was taken from palm beach looking across the intracoastal to downtown west palm

Also:

^^^Hey Fran, What happened to your rear wing's endplate? ("You should have seen the other guy", right?... hehe)

^^^ Good Call

I had a hard time even believing that this car is the same #18 car that we're used to seeing. It appears that every body panel has been significantly modified.
The sides of the front bumper have been filled in/smoothed out, the front fender arches (and possibly the rear fender arches) have been pulled/stretched upwards (apparently to add some room for some additional suspension travel), the side vents right behind the front wheels have been cut/deleted, the standard roof scoop has been filled in (as has been the case for a while), a large engine bay scoop has been added above the filled in roof scoop, and a NACA duct/scoop has been installed/placed inside of the side scoops on the side of the car (in front of where the rear wheels are)... Wow!
Very impressive, it looks just like a Group C FIA car, and I think that it looks great. It looks more "purpose-built" than ever... Good luck to Davidson Racing with their new setup.

Superlite_SLC_White_Eagle18_DavidsonRacing_FrontCorner_zpsa6531ecc.jpg

I do not know about you all, but I just studied this pic for a long time. So many little changes. The front end, I would think, should have less drag from the smoothed sides and has larger brake duct openings. I really like how that flows together there. The big tall fenders are flat up to the top. I wonder if that does help with downforce a bit there or not. It looks like they might have had to do that because the car is lower and to get some suspension travel there? Roof scoop does look cool and functional. Side as one molded portion and door opens, but only window portion. Interesting there, not something for the street and all, but hmm. Sure looks like seeing out might be hampered by the tall fenders now. The light covers look different also.

It look that they really tried to add down force to the front of the car, maybe to balance out with the big rear wing.

Any more pics of this? Maybe a bunch and separate thread so we all can discuss more.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Troy, the front aero element we designed , and that the 18 car is wearing makes massive front downforce when implemented correctly, the 01 car picked up 390kgs /100mph of additional downforce after 4 months of CFD development with the very same front wing...to fully achieve that level, other mods need to be done that the 18 car is not using so the wing is not being taken full advantage of as shown.

Ther SLC has great aero packaging and balance as is and when our additional race proven parts are used it just gets better...we have proven all of this with math models and driver input , its very time consuming and expensive but none the less we did it...

:thumbsup:

now enough words...more pictures lads..

Looks to me like the 18 wanted to get the chassis as low to the ground (as in ON the ground) as possible without having the tires rub through the tops of the fenders under suspension movement. Otherwise I see no reason to have modded the fenders that way. If it was for front downforce then ? It also looks to be running wider rear rims that it did when I saw it at the 25

Back