SLC-Stealth Lambo Crusher

The helper springs are not necessary but they are nice to have. They keep the springs centered so you do not have to recenter the spring caps every time you jack up the car.

Pete, thanks for the chart. The output column is what threw me off. I just assumed each slot would have one fuse that served one system and that is not the case. The chart chart in the manual could have been a little more descriptive. Michael, I already bought the helper spring kit for the front shocks. Thank you for the offer.
Trivial question, What is the torque spec. for the 36mm rear axle nut. I have heard anywhere from 120-200 foot lbs?

Thanks A.J. and Alex. Next on the list is mounting the dash. The spider is in position as per RCR's body fitment option and I bolted the dash using the tabs at each end. The tabs are directly in contact with the chassis. The problem is that there is about a one inch gap between the dash and spider. Am I supposed to mount the dash directly to chassis or make a one inch spacer so that the dash is mounted more flush with the "A" pillar?

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 697

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
If you're using the door panels, mount them before you mount the dash. Close the doors and move the dash to adjust the gap between the door panels and the dash. You will need a spacer between the dash and chassis.

Hi Micheal, do you still have the Penske shocks and do you still want to part with them? My car is now a 98% track car and I could probably use better shocks.

Finally got my SLC on the road, legally. Its been five long years. Tried to quit a few times and almost burned it to the ground a couple times but luckily I kept going. Thanks to all the forum members, my build is a conglomeration of all the builds on this site. It has an LS7 (600HP), ARE dry sump, Ricardo transaxle. Still working on Alignment and weatherstripping, but it drives.
031.JPG
046.JPG
042.JPG
007.JPG
013.JPG
022.JPG

Thanks everyone. Cam I live in Glendale, Arizona. Del a black interior and exterior would be pretty awful in Arizona. So glad I have AC in the car. Roger I just got a GoPro and I hope to have a video early next week.

Thanks everyone. Cam I live in Glendale, Arizona. Del a black interior and exterior would be pretty awful in Arizona. So glad I have AC in the car. Roger I just got a GoPro and I hope to have a video early next week.

Oh man, I was just in Peoria this weekend catching a few spring training games. Next time I’m in town Let’s get together and compare notes!

Black dash - no kidding, I once measured 120F on my dash on a 95F day. It was sitting in the sun baking while I was working on it, got too hot to touch! There’s a surprising amount of heat that comes in from the roof/ceiling panel as well if you’re running a tunnel. The air in that cavity just sits and doesn’t circulate if you’ve got it all sealed off.

Right on Cam, anytime. I live 5 minutes from Peoria Sports Complex. I don't plan on driving my car much in the summer. Anything over 105 and I will be driving another vehicle, even to work.

Back