So disappointed

Hey everyone! I actually did win the bid on this car. I'll dispel some misconceptions and weirdness right off the bat. I am working with AutoBidMaster on another car for my YouTube channel, but this car wasn't part of the deal, and just like some of you, I've been tracking this thing for quite a long time. As far as I know, ABM can't reserve cars that go to auction and they're not in the business of cancelling bids, because I just lost a Lamborghini auction this morning, by $50, using ABM, with me having to call them to make the bid manually.

The only thing they helped me with is actually placing the bid, which I couldn't do from my account because the damage was listed as "biohazard," and ABM had to use their bidding account instead of mine. Before I did that, I would place the bid, it would tell me I was the high bidder, but the price wouldn't move and it told me I hadn't bid yet. My maximum bid was $21,500. I placed the bid a day before it went to the live auction.

I'm not sure what the Biohazard thing is about, but I'll find out when I get the car. Hopefully no one was hurt during the crash. I also think that was the reason for the bids not going through and giving false positives and negatives.

Bob, I do know that the Copart pre-bidding auction got transferred to a live auction a little more than an hour before the auction actually started, as I was watching and counting down. I'm willing to bet there was some technical weirdness going on there and a glitch may have occurred. If it's ABM's fault, then I'll make sure they look into it to make sure it never happens again, because I wouldn't want to work with a company that has these faults occur. I'll be contacting them about it on your behalf.

Also, about the car, I know it will need a ton of work, but I have some plans for it that will be completely different than any other SLC. I hope you guys tune in for the build, as I'll definitely appreciate some knowledgeable voices on this amazing platform. You'll see it in the coming months on my channel, (youtube.com/tavarish).

Thanks,
-Freddy

So, I think you are being honest Freddy, but I also think the autobidmaster is completely lying about the situation, probably to both of us. I have attached a screenshot from my phone 1 hour and 1 minute from the close of prebidding (right when I placed what became the winning bid). I have also attached the automated email and winning invoice i received about 5-10 minutes after the close of live bidding. Clearly their auction software thought i was the high bidder, and had won the auction. Had the software told me I did not have the high bid at 15,800, your bid should have immediately bid over the top of mine, and we would have kept going. I suspect autobidmaster knows they fucked this up, and because you are working a deal with them, probably for free promotions, they gave you the car. I am sure in any other situation they would have realized their incompetence somehow caused this and done the right thing.

I am sure you can see why I am so upset about this, right? If ebay or BoT had a similar situation arise on a rare car, shit would hit the fan. I am also sure when people who win cars with autobidmaster decide they don't want the car, and go back on the bid, ABM sticks it to them. I really didn't get a "were sorry, we screwed up" statement or email from them, I could tell from the reaction of the staff on the phone they knew they had fucked up and were trying to sweep it under the rug. However, it really doesn't matter. It really is not about the money, or the car for that matter at this point. It's really the principal of the situation, and mostly how the customer service staff at autobidmaster handled the situation.

My recommendation to everyone is use another broker. Hell Freddy, contact me and maybe we should setup a honest brokerage service targeting guys like us that want to fix up, build, or otherwise wrench on rare and interesting vehicles. I'd put some time and money into such a startup.

Good luck with the car, I suspect its not as bad as some say here, but I think you are in for a rocky road on it.

Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190716-113140.png
    Screenshot_20190716-113140.png
    562 KB · Views: 399
  • Winning email adress redacted.pdf
    815.1 KB · Views: 388
  • winning invoice name redacted.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 751
Go after them for some kind of compensation, teach them a lesson.
yeah, its really not worth the hassle. For what ever reason, I was not supposed to get that car. Bad mojo, who knows. I look at is a opportunity to put a different project in the build calendar. I am leaning heavily to a pure EV SLC, AWD 800-1000 Nm torque, with front wheel vectoring , 250 mile range. probably 0-60 in the 2.0 second +/- 1 sec range. I just have to pull the trigger and do it. maybe end of summer.

Earl Mitchell

Supporter
Bob my name is Earl give me a call im the guy in New Jersey that is selling my car maybe we can work out a deal ,im sorry you got caught up in what appears to be a scam. 609 685 1456 thanks

Hey everyone! I actually did win the bid on this car. I'll dispel some misconceptions and weirdness right off the bat. I am working with AutoBidMaster on another car for my YouTube channel, but this car wasn't part of the deal, and just like some of you, I've been tracking this thing for quite a long time. As far as I know, ABM can't reserve cars that go to auction and they're not in the business of cancelling bids, because I just lost a Lamborghini auction this morning, by $50, using ABM, with me having to call them to make the bid manually.

The only thing they helped me with is actually placing the bid, which I couldn't do from my account because the damage was listed as "biohazard," and ABM had to use their bidding account instead of mine. Before I did that, I would place the bid, it would tell me I was the high bidder, but the price wouldn't move and it told me I hadn't bid yet. My maximum bid was $21,500. I placed the bid a day before it went to the live auction.

I'm not sure what the Biohazard thing is about, but I'll find out when I get the car. Hopefully no one was hurt during the crash. I also think that was the reason for the bids not going through and giving false positives and negatives.

Bob, I do know that the Copart pre-bidding auction got transferred to a live auction a little more than an hour before the auction actually started, as I was watching and counting down. I'm willing to bet there was some technical weirdness going on there and a glitch may have occurred. If it's ABM's fault, then I'll make sure they look into it to make sure it never happens again, because I wouldn't want to work with a company that has these faults occur. I'll be contacting them about it on your behalf.

Also, about the car, I know it will need a ton of work, but I have some plans for it that will be completely different than any other SLC. I hope you guys tune in for the build, as I'll definitely appreciate some knowledgeable voices on this amazing platform. You'll see it in the coming months on my channel, (youtube.com/tavarish).

Thanks,
-Freddy

Freddy,
I’ll give you $5K over what you paid for it.

Cody F

Supporter
yeah, its really not worth the hassle. For what ever reason, I was not supposed to get that car. Bad mojo, who knows. I look at is a opportunity to put a different project in the build calendar. I am leaning heavily to a pure EV SLC, AWD 800-1000 Nm torque, with front wheel vectoring , 250 mile range. probably 0-60 in the 2.0 second +/- 1 sec range. I just have to pull the trigger and do it. maybe end of summer.
Everything always seems to happen for a reason and it's behind you now. Looking forward, if you decide to pull the trigger and go all electric... you might have one of the fastest SL-C's on the road in the future and you'd know it! Thinking about it, that's really not so bad.... :)

Yeah I saw it. It looks alot worse than I thought it would be. Probably as bad as some members said it would be. Now I feel I dodged a bullet for sure.

I'm surprised they didn't do a compression test after the atf was added. Really tells you all you need to know.

I missed out on two other SLC's since. Real close to pulling the trigger on the Ultima RS, or a lmp2.

Bob

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I wonder what he paid for it? Lots of work ahead of him. Converting to a single middle seat compounds it. The only thing that might be untouched/tweaked is the tub.

Joel K

Supporter
It had a NJ inspection sticker on it so that gives me some confidence I can get mine registered. Should be a fun video series to follow along.

While I'll check on the build from time to time out of curiosity, I still won't be subscribing. I hope it ends up looking better than I'm expecting, but kinda doubt it. It's also annoying hearing him talk crap about the driving skills of the previous owner, no need for that regardless if it's true or not.

Back