***SOLD*** CAV GT40 Mark I For Sale ***SOLD***

The time has come for me to sell my one-owner CAV GT40 Mark I, serial number 1A69MONOB66 which was purchased new in 2003. The car is guardsman blue with silver stripes, BRM wheels, a 342 cu in Roush engine, and a ZF transaxle. Ownership has been a labor of love with many upgrades and refinement added. During COVID, the entire car and all systems were refreshed including a complete profession engine disassembly and rebuild. Early work on the car can be seen on GT40s.com mostly under the titles “CAV - Getting The Horsepower To The Ground – Part I” (to Part VII). I would be glad to answer any questions or show the car in person to anyone who might be in Phoenix, Arizona. The car is rock solid and I think $160,000 is a fair price.

The engine is a 342 cu in Roush crate engine 430 HP / 415 ft-lbs that just underwent a complete disassemble and rebuild by Phoenix Engine in Arizona. It has a Holley 4150 4-barrel, port matched aluminum heads, hydraulic roller cam, short nose water pump, custom aluminum valve covers and air filter, MSD Ignition, twin Holly 125 gph fuel pumps with filters, fuel pressure gauge, back flow check valves, and rollover/vent check valves. The oil filter is remoted mounted with a pressure gauge and thermostatically controlled Oxford 13-stage 12-fin oil radiator. All temperature sensors and gauges have been calibrated to 100 deg C. Exhaust is a 1 ¾” dia barrel of snakes with Jet-Hot ceramic coating. Radiator expansion and recovery tanks are Canton.

The 5-speed ZF transaxle has a custom solid rod shifter, resurfaced flywheel, new clutch disc, new clutch master cylinder, and a Tilton hydraulic release bearing with new seals.

The chassis is a CAV seam welded stainless steel monocoque with Ian Clark Canadian MotorSports upgraded uprights & a-arms. The disc brakes have 13” slotted and vented rotors. Wheels are BRM 17”x 9” front and 17”x 12” rear with Toyo R888 tires.

Some other items include air conditioner/heater, Smith gauges, custom high-side deep seats, back-up camera with 4” color display, locking gas caps, USB sockets & 12V accessory socket, color matched electric mirrors, superbright LED bulb headlight, stoplights, turn signals and instrument lights. The car is all fresh with less than 2 hours of run time.

Attachments

• 1 - left side - garage.JPG
    1 - left side - garage.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 777
  • 2 - right front.JPG
    2 - right front.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 801
  • 3 - left front - garage.JPG
    3 - left front - garage.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 771
  • 4 - driver interior.JPG
    4 - driver interior.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 771
  • 5 - right rear - garage.JPG
    5 - right rear - garage.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 746
  • 6 - all open.JPG
    6 - all open.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 779
  • 7 - passenger interior.JPG
    7 - passenger interior.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 776
  • 8 - motor top.JPG
    8 - motor top.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 776
  • 9 - rear end.JPG
    9 - rear end.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 725
  • 10 - right front.jpg
    10 - right front.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 678
A few more pictures showing details:

Attachments

• 11 - front compartment.jpg
    11 - front compartment.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 659
  • 12 - right side window.JPG
    12 - right side window.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 13 - FAV Tag.JPG
    13 - FAV Tag.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 592
  • 14 - left rear.JPG
    14 - left rear.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 583
  • 15 - right side motor.JPG
    15 - right side motor.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 567
  • 16 - rear window.JPG
    16 - rear window.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 17 - air filter under glass.JPG
    17 - air filter under glass.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 548
  • 18 - left side motor.JPG
    18 - left side motor.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 574
  • 19 - oil radiator.JPG
    19 - oil radiator.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 538
  • 20 - left front - outside.JPG
    20 - left front - outside.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 535
Please ask if you would like to know or see something specific.

Attachments

• 21 - fuel pressure gauge.JPG
    21 - fuel pressure gauge.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 501
  • 22 - left side.jpg
    22 - left side.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 477
  • 23 - locking gas caps.jpg
    23 - locking gas caps.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 24 - left headlight.JPG
    24 - left headlight.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 470
  • 25 - right front - garage.JPG
    25 - right front - garage.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 442
  • 26 - left side.jpg
    26 - left side.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 455
  • 27 - rear end - garage.JPG
    27 - rear end - garage.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 503

Rick

Supporter
Beautiful car and good luck with the sale, should sell quickly. I'm curious about your rod shift linkage, is that detailed in your other post? Can you post pictures of it and describe construction?

Thanks

Hi Rick,
I have a number of post blogs on the GT40s website that show the process of some of the upgrades on my car.
Here is the link to the shifter project that includes a lot of rationale from a number of contributors:
The additional picture posted here is the adjustor I later made to fine tune the shifter length and rotation angles.

Attachments

• Shifter Linkage Adjustment.JPG
    Shifter Linkage Adjustment.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 505
If you have not sold your car please contact me . I am ready to buy and have the funds . Just want to connect with you directly .

I am happy to report that my car has been sold to a very knowledgeable long time car guy. I hope he enjoys it as much as I did. And before signing off I would like to thank everyone here who help me over the years with lots of excellent technical support and advice. Not the best, but the most memorable of which that said:

“For results that can be the finest, it is our advising that
clarification is needed for motor mounts and crossmember.
Never to hold these bolts two times !!! Except the battery.
Next taking the earth section may cause a large occurrence!
However. If this is not a trouble,
such rotation is a very maintenance action,
as a kindly viewpoint from Drawing B.”

Years later, still succinct, and to the point. It was a great ride. Thx.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congrats on the sale Bob. It was a beautiful car and build.
Please don’t be a stranger. Others have remained on the forum and have added lots of good information helping current builders.

Regards Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congrats on the sale Bob. It was a beautiful car and build.
Please don’t be a stranger. Others have remained on the forum and have added lots of good information helping current builders.

Regards Brian
I echo what Brian has said here - it would be a shame to lose your experience and wisdom here on GT40s...

Back