sold rear axle and one wheel spinning?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The scale platforms must be set level in all directions before placing the car on them --tyre pressures all the same, suspension - free to travel(no binding) disconnect sway bars , similate driver weight - seat/ foot well and fuel
Now start adjusting , looks to be a 60/40 front to back --try for more weight to the rear --raise front, lower rear ?? there will be a bit of trial and error until you reach a satisfactory set up. Each track will require a different s/u and weather conditions etc . Have log book, start taking notes!
And good luck

60/40 is about what these cars are. The engines are ahead of the front wheel center line by quite a bit. It's going to take a lot of work to get the rear lower than what i have it at, and even so, i don't think i can go much lower. The battery needs to be relocated and is currently in the stock position which is at the most absolute front of the car. Clearly, these cars were never made for road courses.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Weigh the car with your weight dummied into the seat and floor in front of the seat (legs).. Sand bags are cheap. Air pressure in tires should be brought up to race pressure hot. Sway bars disconnected.
I hope you had the right fluid in that differential. Auburns require limited slip lubricant.

Back