Something nice to say.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I sit here trying to write a piece for "Fortyfication" and as it has forced be to kinda go thru the whole thing sorta blow by blow in my head.

I'm trying to put together a overall idea of the modifications I have done and as I think through them I realize that nearly all of them came from ideas I got form this forum.

Then as I really thought about it I started to put together the people I have met here and in the GT40 world. It's really something that 6 years later the people who I count as my closest friends are people directly related to my car. Some of these people have really become part of my family.

Now where could you make new family members like that? In the beginning I got all hot for a new Corvette. I even went down there and drove one and talked money. BUT it was just a easy way to get a nice fast car, when what I ALWAYS WANTED was a GT40!!!

I have to wonder how many new friends I would have welcomed into my life with a corvette. Not to mention I wouldn't have learned anything. So I set my buget as the cost of a new corvete on the day that I decide my GT40 is done. I'm gonna be right on target money wise and with all the new friends I've made, I here by declare that my GT40 was free!!

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you and Love to you all!!!!!!

Build it and they will come.

Attachments

• 70904-100_0536a.jpg
    70904-100_0536a.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 280

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Howard et al, it's been great. Let's keep it go'in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
You're spot on Howard.
On top of all that, you have helped inspire countless others to also achieve their dream of owning a GT40.
Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous 2006.

Bill.

Howy babe,

Merry Christmas to you and your Avatar,from INFIDELS INC.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The Vette is a fine car...but the GT (like Cobras)
ilicits a more emotional response from those you meet.
The smiles on the faces of those, especially the young,
are "priceless". Good job Howard.

MikeD

Back