SouthernGT No6

Dan Kasten

Supporter
Congratulations Nick! Car looks great! Wish you the best of luck with it. Love the reveal, looked like the firework on the left was getting close to your paint lol.

Few lockdown additions. I had to replace a circlip in the CV joint that had been dislodged, then it went again This issue deceived me for a while as I did not realise the free play in the shaft was in fact total play as the circlip on the cv joint had come out.

I was discussing the issue with Mick at Southern GT, he asked if I had checked the shafts to make sure there was a bit of play to allow for suspension movement. Checked both again and none one side, pulled the shaft out on the side which I thought had some, ooops. He made me up some spacers.

Decided to fit some sun visors time will tell how effective they will be. Also my long suffering wife although vowing she would not be going any distance in the car expressed some consternation on discovering the lack of luggage space Being the ever dutiful husband I said I would come up with a satisfactory solution. Apparently, my idea of what constitutes satisfactory, is different to hers. :(

Attachments

Also my long suffering wife although vowing she would not be going any distance in the car expressed some consternation on discovering the lack of luggage space Being the ever dutiful husband I said I would come up with a satisfactory solution. Apparently, my idea of what constitutes satisfactory, is different to hers. :(
Come on Nick, play fair, do you really need TWO hammers? Plenty of room then for Mrs Brough's needs! :D