SouthernGT No6

Nick

GT40s Supporter
Well the car went to the painters back in May it was planned to take 3 months, popped into see the car yesterday and it is expected to be back to me before April, so only 9 months longer than expected ;).

I was starting to get a little impatient until a wise friend reminded me "As long as you get a good paint job out of them that’s what matters.
It’s the only thing you actually see when it’s done." So here are a few not very detailed pictures to show progress is being made, also show Bob and his friend (who worked for TVR in Blackpool making the moulds for production cars) discussing some of the finer points on their work so far.

Attachments

Nick

GT40s Supporter
Can’t really disagree with Simon.
I would have hoped for a tad more progress by now!
Fingers crossed mate.
It's a difficult one I'll agree. The body is not a Lee Dawson one so needed a lot of work, the clips are not in the pictures but are done. I only have a single garage that already has a car in it so having free storage over winter has been a bit of a blessing, it has also given me some time to save up to pay for it :). So it would have been nice to have had it back in September but at the moment the delay is not a disaster.