SouthernGT No8

Congratulations to Mick Sollis at SouthernGT for getting his GT40 SVA passed at the Southampton test centre. The car was tested a week ago and had three minor things that needed attention. These were 1. Pull heater knob. 2. Some wiring needed placing into trunking. 3. Top seat belt mount needed re-designing. The seat belt mount was a marginal fail point but Mick decided that it would be best taken care of. All three items were quickly sorted and the car was re-tested last Friday. The examiner was so impressed that he got his camera out and spent some time taking many picture.
Well done Mick, Adam and all at SouthernGT.
Martin.

After having fitted the body too the chassis I have every respect for everyone who has ever built a GT40 replica. Not the easiest of jobs but when you get it to fit it is a pat on the back like no other. Thanks to Mick and his wife! and Mike Pass who took the sledge hammer out of my hands and took me for a curry and a few pints!

Martin,

A quick question about the dropped floorpan. Is it dropped slightly below the level of the chassis or level with it?
Thanks

Simon

Simon the floor pan does sit below the level of the chassis by one inch. I did it so as to avoid a guerney bump, only problen being if I get a lump in the road wrong I could rip my nuts off! Mind you I have the stainless floor which I would imagine is quite strong and the thickness of the seat to help.

hello martin. good to see things are going well. u'll have to post some more pictures. would be good to see the progress. regards lee

The lowered floor pan is in reality a liquid container for weak bladdered old men, and its made in stainless steel because of the corrosive nature of the liquid, particularly if Martins been on the beer.

Done a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_62511.jpg
    IMG_62511.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,300
  • IMG_62531.jpg
    IMG_62531.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,277
  • IMG_62551.jpg
    IMG_62551.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,278
Sorry John too busy fitting my own. Up yours! Payback time.

Attachments

• IMG_63441.jpg
    IMG_63441.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_63461.jpg
    IMG_63461.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_63491.jpg
    IMG_63491.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,008
Last edited:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Do I see some new stands there? What happened to the castors?

PS Go on - be kind to an old man - make John some windows or he'll get cold this winter!
Cheers
Mike

After a long break doing some work on my house I have done a few days work which has fixed the spider in place. This has allowed me to line up the rest of the body which is a brilliant fit.

Attachments

• IMG_66191.jpg
    IMG_66191.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_66201.jpg
    IMG_66201.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_66241.jpg
    IMG_66241.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 843
Back