spare parts

Just a question for u all guys.
I see here many have cars done some years ago by manifacturer no longer in activity.
How can u get spare parts for GTD, Kwa(i dunno if still exist..suppose not)...and all the others?
Surely u know how to do it.I have absolutely no idea.

Thank u
Paul

parts are not a problem, chassis, body's, windscreens etc are still being produced and are readilly available.

Simon

ja but Simon..i mean...for u living in Uk seems very easy(also i see everytime the work in progress about the repair of your GTD)to reach those people.
My question is just for people living outside,cause (i use just the example for GTD and Kwa) also on internet i didnt find any address to contact for replacement parts.
Is just to know, maybe will be useful for all to know those helpful contacts.

let me know and thnx
Paul

Paul, you`ve got an internet conection so you have the same tools to find anything you need as anyone else has. I think the trick where GT40s replicas are concerned is learning a little history, you`ll not find any after market support for a company that is no longer trading but if another party picked the bones that`s always a good place to start.

...just thought know a little more about this could be helpful for u all first of all.
Just this.

Sure..also i know searching and searching u can found a lot,but would be anyway better to have some more infos from someone with bigger experience in this(also cause looking around gt40 websites selling kits seems that build your own one is soooo easy...and from many many other with builders experience it is absolutely not so easy..)

was just to ask anyway eh....

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
All this stuff is doable. Parts can be had and cars are completed. BUT parts come in weeks or months, not days and building one is measured in years not months.

Most of the time I found that local fabrication is easier that tracking down orginal parts.

My advice is buy at least two front windshields with the car. This is the one exception to "can be had". They cost a lot to ship and it is a pain in the ass to do.

Back