SPF 2366 Build

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
I got the drivers side snap vent installed today as well as painted the edge lexan so that I could run a seal between the window and door frame.

I gotta say it’s hard to start drilling holes in the windows.The grit style hole saws cut really well didn’t grab at all and left a pretty clean hole with minimal cleanup required. View attachment 115757
Hello Eric,

Looks really good - you wrote that you used a "grit style hole saw" could you please post a picture of it? When I'm doing a Google search I get inconclusive results....

Thanks in advance.

Markus

Eric Freeh

Supporter
Hello Eric,

Looks really good - you wrote that you used a "grit style hole saw" could you please post a picture of it? When I'm doing a Google search I get inconclusive results....

Thanks in advance.

Markus
Markus, here are some pictures of what I used. This one fit a standard arbor like the Milwaukee holesaws use. I had seen this type of saw in another thread here.
53047C0C-C1C5-4F13-8BF7-C97C95FC35C2.jpeg
90EEC7B4-1692-42C1-A5A1-639C562B7F4D.jpeg
B25F346D-E6F5-4D76-BEB0-696905F26A0D.jpeg

Attachments

Eric Freeh

Supporter
After a lot of reading and searching what paint to use to paint the trim on the windows I ended up using Tamiya black spray paint for RC car bodies the paint seems to adhere well so far the color matches the black on the inside of the doors pretty well. I wasn’t sure how far the tiny cans of paint would go but so far I would say I’ve used about half a can and I will see if one can can get me through the headlight and fog light covers as well.
6EF359CF-CE45-47C1-A625-9BC2C20FB679.jpeg
5435EFE0-6A9C-41F8-AF8D-71EF2E1FE283.jpeg

Ron McCall

Supporter
Eric,

One thing that I have found works very well is to cover the painted surface of the windows with electrical tape before installing them.
This will keep the paint from peeling off or being rubbed off by contact with the body.

Ron

Eric Freeh

Supporter
Eric,

One thing that I have found works very well is to cover the painted surface of the windows with electrical tape before installing them.
This will keep the paint from peeling off or being rubbed off by contact with the body.

Ron
Ron I have to say that is brilliant and I didn’t think of that before I put them in but odds are good they will have to come back out for final mirror fitting. I will give it a try.

Eric