Stack IP

Has anyone tried putting a Stack IP into a 40? I know this might sound a bit of a heretic idea to traditional's but its a consideration
confused.gif

If anyone has tried or got ideas I would be interested to know. The main issue is that the fuel indicator only has one input, so you either need a feeder pipe between the two tanks or have to be a an electronics genius knocking up something that can bind the two outputs from the fuel senders.....

Hi Brett!

Try this: The sketch shows right pump and sender active.
When I want to change tanks (pump and sender unit) I flick the swith to the other position and the relay picks up. This will get the other pump going and it will change fuel sender as well.
wink.gif

There are a number of ways to solve this. This is one of the simplest sollutions. I use a similar scheme in my car and it works perfectly.
connections.gif

Brett,
For normal road use, I don't think it makes a significant difference.
On a track however, you will be able to balance the weight between your right and left pair of wheels slightly. You would want to have as little fuel as possible in the tank nearest the driver. I'm not a professional racing driver and I don't know if I actually would feel any difference. Maybe some of the more experienced GT40 racing drivers can tell us.

Back