Status of CAV

I'm finally in the position to buy a roller and was surprised to see that CAV is no longer supporting this site. Are they having financial issues?

If its a CAV you really want get in touch with Johann in NC , he is a great guy and will give you the real skinny...or give us a call....

Alan, I speak to Johann in NC often since I purchased a CAV. I don't call him because I have issues with the car I call him because he became a friend when he cleared up a few teething issues. He's a top guy. As for the status of CAV they are still very viable. The issue I believe is the exchange rate of the Rand to the Dollar. At present its going to be costly to import a new CAV car from the factory in SA and I would assume the SPF cars also. I've never doubted my purchase because the CAV is everything I could want and then some but I will admit it distresses me that they have not kept up their forum thread as others have done (its a cost issue I believe). The factory is still responsive to my needs and questions too. Looks like RCR might be a good thought as I'm sure they don't play second fiddle to anyone.

Spending ones money in your home country, and on a domestically manufactured product also carries some serious merit with many people in the current financial climate too...

We have an open door policy and we currently have over 20 cars in build at the shop ...all shapes and sizes..

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
Hi Alan, Like Jimmy, my experience with CAV has been fantastic. They have always been very responsive and I really have enjoyed my car. Buying one of these cars is a very personal decision and I would go with one that you think best for you. They are all a work in progress and something that you will enjoy for years.

I reall like my CAV, But parts are hard to get!!!!!!! I track my car, I brake parts!! Fran uses parts found in the USA, BIG BIG plus. If I where to do it again I would go with RCR.
My car has up grades from Ian in Canada, if you do go with a CAV , Ian is the man.
Randy

Thanks everyone for the input this sure is a great forum!

As a buyer it's hard not having local dealers in the area that you can check out the cars and go back a few times - it's a big investment.

What t liked about the CAV cars was that it had more glass in the rear and the bulkhead, rubber door seals and no eyebrows. I sat in one at Laguna Seca about 5 years ago and was really impressed with it.

I don't know much about RCR but looks like they have a great following, being built in the US is a plus and having parts available is a big plus. I will for sure give Fran a call

Back