Stupid stupid stupid!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Charge the media for inciting violence.
Every organisation that showed the fool in the court has blood on their hands too.

Charge them £10million each in a fine (ABC, NBC, BBC, FOX etc - every organisation that carried the story)
The funds to be used to support the families of the killed people

Tell you what next time they will not report the crap he spouts.

The only way the media learn is by hurting them in the pocket

Ian

Ian, Jim, Everybody,

That is bang on right.

Now, if only there was a way to police it.... I wsh there were...

Actually, I've just edited this because it's important to make a distinction here. The gutter press are (pretty much) wholly to blame for this in terms of exposure. The more "high brow" establishments may well report the incident, but they tend to do so factually, without fascile opinions being bandied about.

This is the great disctinction between good and bad journalism. One seeks to present the facts, such as they are, the other seeks to further it's own cause by expounding it's own opinion given the smallest of chances. These are the establishments that need to be targeted...

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,

As much as I like what you say, charging the media with a crime, or fining them for reporting................facts, is bad in so many ways!

This will have to be a voluntary thing, but the people can help them to volunteer!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I can think of one example of the media doing just as we say.

Here in our area, we have the Golden Gate Bridge, a beautiful thing, but it attracts suicide jumpers, lots of them. I can remember, years ago the press would cover each jumper and keep track of the numbers.

When ever they got near to a milestone 1,000th jumper, 2,000th jumper there would be front page stories, and the number of jumpers would increse for a few months.

Approximately 20 years ago pressure from the "people" led the local media to completely stop reporting bridge suicides. I do not recall hearing or reading anything about jumpers for many many years.

So it can be done!

Last edited:
I can think of one example of the media doing just as we say.

Here in our area, we have the Golden Gate Bridge, a beautiful thing, but it attracts suicide jumpers, lots of them. I can remember, years ago the press would cover each jumper and keep track of the numbers.

When ever they got near to a milestone 1,000th jumper, 2,000th jumper there would be front page stories, and the number of jumpers would increse for a few moths.

Approximately 20 years ago pressure from the "people" led the local media to completely stop reporting bridge suicides. I do not recall hearing or reading anything about jumpers for many many years.

So it can be done!

Jim, People Power... I like that!

Back