Subscriptions/Donations Enabled

Ron Earp

Admin
Alright Folks,

I think the Subscriptions/Donations link is working like it should. It appeared the script the programmer did had an extra "'" where it shouldn't and some browsers could get over it while others couldn't.

Anyway, it is enabled with three levels of donation that closely corresponded the breakdown we received in 2003 as far as amount go. If you contribute the forum will display a small ribbon by your name in all of your posts. Right now it is the same ribbon for all levels - I didn't feel all that comfortable singling out people based on contributions. The ribbon will likely change to something else as soon as I have time to design something.

In the long run this allows us to actually have membership areas on the forum. For instance, if we wished their could be a forum for "XYZ GT40" and only paid members could go to that forum. I don't think we need that now but I am making the statement so if manufacturers wished the option they'd know it was available.

The forum now automatically keeps up with donations and after one year it will remove the ribbon by your name. We can have all sort of options in the future such as multiple year subscriptions, etc, so if anyone wants that let me know and I'll make it happen.

Thanks much for the support and I hope this helps. For those of you wanting other options I'm sorry but I'm just not setup to take them. This system is automatic, requires no interaction from me, and best of all essentially keeps up with itself.

Keep in mind, the forum is still completely free and will be open to all unless you folks decide to make it members only. So far I don't think that is the direction that you folks want to go so this seems to make sense.

Thanks for the support and take care,
Ron

PS-If you want to know where the Donations link is look here:

Attachments

• 33411-Image1.jpg
    33411-Image1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 624

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

Subscription button now working fine. Thanks.

Given the huge amount of benefit that even lurkers such as myself derive from the forum, I must say that the level of donations invited seems very modest. I hope you will raise sufficient funds.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jim

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Folks,

I will place an address in June for check donations but I'm getting ready to move in 2 weeks so it makes no sense now. Plus, I'm so busy with moving, getting stuff together, finishing the GT, etc. Thanks for the member contributions so far and take care,

Ron

Hey Ron,

I'll be in the "June By Check" group unless I kidnap another teenager to show me the way to internet payments.

Thanks for great work you do for all of us!

Buzz

Link worked just fine.
Keep up the good work.
Barry D
(Very near to owning one now thanks to help from the group...Thanks guys) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Ron it is a great forum and I would like to subscribe please advise your mail address when available I am not comfortable with other methods bit old fashioned I guess keep up the good work ps hope you can find time to work on your 40 maybe these guys should donate time as well as $$$ regards Denis

Back