Success!!!!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Just got back from the Oldham VOSA Centre. After a few hiccups Don Anderson jumped the last two hurdles to get his SGT through the IVA test. A final check of emissions and handbrake and his car passed, Here is a pic of a very happy Don holding aloft his certificate with a major milestone completed.

1636117202139.jpeg

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Don A IVA.jpg
    Don A IVA.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 202

Mike Pass

Supporter
Reflectors as required by IVA regs so that the car can be seen from the rear when the rear clip is raised and no lights on at night.
Cheers
Mike

Reflectors as required by IVA regs so that the car can be seen from the rear when the rear clip is raised and no lights on at night.
Cheers
Mike

That’s interesting as I passed without those reflectors on mine.

Very well done though, a great feeling isn’t it.

look forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks guys, it was a bit of a squeaky bum time waiting for the emissions to sort themselves out, but we got there in the end. Now on to get it painted, first three guys I phoned said could not do it till next June at the earliest!!!! Will see what else is about.

Shaun

Supporter
Well done that man, min is getting closer, gulp but interesting re the red reflectors as Paul mentioned, not seen them before? Anything else trip you up?

Well done that man, min is getting closer, gulp but interesting re the red reflectors as Paul mentioned, not seen them before? Anything else trip you up?
Hi Shaun, make sure your steering wheel is padded right to the end of the arms where they meet the wheel, with no holes showing. They also wanted all my wiring covered in the plastic convoluted pipe so there is no chance of rubbing or damage from heat. I also failed due to the wheels sticking out of the bodywork at the rear. They have a gauge that measures from about 40% of the rear arch down to the bottom, if your wheel sticks out it’s a fail. The way round it was strips of neoprene glued with 10 second glue round the arch covering the wheel. Regarding the rear reflectors up by the rear window, the Head Tester not only wanted them up there, but a note on the dash saying, “In the event of breaking down at night, remember if the rear deck is up the rear light cannot be seen”. Only other item was the handbrake, it needs to be above 18%, drive round with the handbrake on for a couple of miles. Good luck.

Interesting about the reflectors, I had my rear clip tethered so it could only be opened a small amount, not sure they even checked it. For the wheel arches stuck on a couple of these I bought on ebay which passed.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 195
My problem was not the top of the arch, but from just over half way to the back running down to the bottom that it needed to cover the tyre that was standing proud. I found them very anal at the test centre, and it’s my way or the highway!!!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Wow things have changed, when mine went through SVA the rim could not be proud of the body, tyre being wider was acceptable, and they used a plumb Bob to check.

congrats on the pass

Ian

Shaun

Supporter
Hi Shaun, make sure your steering wheel is padded right to the end of the arms where they meet the wheel, with no holes showing. They also wanted all my wiring covered in the plastic convoluted pipe so there is no chance of rubbing or damage from heat. I also failed due to the wheels sticking out of the bodywork at the rear. They have a gauge that measures from about 40% of the rear arch down to the bottom, if your wheel sticks out it’s a fail. The way round it was strips of neoprene glued with 10 second glue round the arch covering the wheel. Regarding the rear reflectors up by the rear window, the Head Tester not only wanted them up there, but a note on the dash saying, “In the event of breaking down at night, remember if the rear deck is up the rear light cannot be seen”. Only other item was the handbrake, it needs to be above 18%, drive round with the handbrake on for a couple of miles. Good luck.
Cheers Don top tips!!
That convoluted pipe is a tricky one I have used protection on parts of the loom but on a lot its just the wrapped loom, was it mainly in the engine bays they worried about that?

Hi Shaun, No it was not just the engine bay, I had to do the front in the convoluted piping as well, very hot on the connections coming out of the front chassis and going into the front deck. All plugs secured with no rubbing when the deck opens and closes.

Don.

Back