Superformance Ford GT MkII

Alex,

Olthoff is putting in the Roush 427SR for me attached to a ZF. Olthoff has worked with Roush on spec-ing the engine (cam, carb, accessories, etc). Mine is a carb'd motor.

Mike

Well, here is an update. I spoke to Mark at Olthoff, Frank at Superformance and Lloyd at RBT. RBT is backed up on production being limited by the 2 builder/dyno guys who put the boxes together and make sure they work correctly. They have a backlog of some 64 Superformance trans orders (not including other oders). Current lead time is estimated at 3 months ARO. RBT wasn't given a forecast and is the proverbial snake trying to swallow an elephant right now.I have had my car at Olthoff since early Oct. I ordered the engine and gearbox in August. The engine is sitting at Olthoff's. I do not know where my car is positioned in line for the trans (I will call Dennis Olthoff tomorrow). Inital indications from Mark at Olthoff and Lloyd at RBT is that it will be during or after January.

Mike

Ron Earp

Admin
Mike, were the Superformance dealers groups in CA not able to do a car for you quickly? Just wondering as CA is a long way from NC. However, the Olthoff shop is first class in my opinion, definitely a bunch of folks with passion and know-how to handle the Superformance cars.

Ron,

I chose Olthoff for a few reasons:

1. He prepped most if not all of the first dealers' cars coming into the states and I was fairly close behind them.
2. Shipping time to the east coast was several weeks shorter.
3. I am an Oregon resident and the purchase was made through Oregon. I have a business in CA and didn't want to confuse that state.
4. I don't know any shops in southern Oregon to complete the car.
5. I thought about driving the car back from NC to OR as a nice road trip (not in December however).
6. No shops in CA had experience with the SPF GT40 product; even Lance Stander of Superformance had his completed at Olthoff.

The delay in delivery is the RBT Trans and no dealer is getting better delivery than Olthoff (my understanding). Most, if not all, of the SPF - RBT buys are going through Olthoff.

He received two trannies from RBT in the last 45 days (Olthoff words) and one of those was not worthy. He has the only new box in the USA (not already delivered to the end user I assume) and he is keeping it as a spare until more arrive. These are words from Dennis Olthoff paraphrased by me based on a phone conversation this morning.

Luckily for me, I am good at waiting.

Regards,
Mike

I'll second those thoughts, Mike. When I went down to Road Atlanta to check out the first MKII cars I was very impressed with Dennis' work. He is a key member of Superformance's developement team, and I would venture to say that nobody knows the cars better than he. And it's more than just installing the engine and gearbox. With his considerable racing experience, he knows how to dial in the suspension as well. My MKI is down there in the queue with your car, and I'm confident the near-two-year wait will have been worth while.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Dennis has my vote as well and I am a ready referance...... I am a SPF MK111 (Cobra) owner, now 6 yrs, purchased from "required" dealer when SPF had protected territories but, over the yrs have purchased all of Olthoff's personally developed upgrade components and developed a respect for his ready and freely given knowledge when querried for troubleshooting help......... P2125 was ordered from Olthoff shortly after the cars intro at SEMA 2 yrs ago and all dealings with him since have proved my decision sound.... As a former Naval engineer ( Rickover Nuclear Power Program) I would say I am technically critical and able to discern technical competence. Dennis' credentials as a graduate engineer, excellent fabricator/problem solver, proven racer and ethical businessman places his operation at the head of the pack in my book........Steve ps...sounds like an Olthoff commercial; and I guess it is!

Hey Steve,

Small world -- I spent a few years as a civilian Nuke Engineer - Code 2340 Nuclear Test Engineering at Pearl Harbor - 3G Core 3 and 6G reactors. Went to plant school at Bremerton. Worked on the Swordfish, Sea Dragon, Los Angeles, Indiannapolis to name a few. What boat were you on?

Mike

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike....Nuc history for me was SSBN599Blue (Patrick Henry) S5W and Electric Boat in Groton Ct..........Good choice re Dennis...I'm a very hands on owner and was toying w/ building an ERA but, due to favorable SPF Cobra ownership and lack of time to build decided to go SPF route....As you probably know no dealer in the SPF orginazation has as positive long term credentials so when the "SPF protected territory" condition was recinded I decided if I was to be an early adopter Dennis was the obvious choice......Steve

Niot sure if these have been posted yet....pretty nice pictures of the SPF. This is Lance's car the Superformance guy. The color is Midnight Blue.

Attachments

• 1small.JPG
    1small.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 2small.JPG
    2small.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 3small.JPG
    3small.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 4small.JPG
    4small.JPG