Superformance Ford GT MkII

Ron McCall

Supporter
gsharapa said:
Let's see $ 106,000.00 give or take a few thousand here and there. Pretty soon you could be in a new Ford GT!!!!!

If that's what you want.Some people (like me)actually prefer the older version .

gsharapa said:
Let's see $ 106,000.00 give or take a few thousand here and there. Pretty soon you could be in a new Ford GT!!!!!

I will still probably go with the replica...nothing against the new GT at all, it is an awesome car, it's just a personal preference.

Ron, I would imagine that they are planning a price increase. If it was me, I would inch it up as some of the production cars start getting out there and demand settles in. This is purely my speculation though. However, ithe price has already gone up prior to the cars being produced. I locked in my order at 65k and the going cost is now roughly 70k.

Mike

Got a call from Lloyd at RBT this morning (Saturday?). The retail price of the ZF is $9,000 with any gear ratios setup they have. He recommended:

3.77 R/P

6 week lead time.

He thinks that is what Superformance is spec-ing.

Mike

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
In general, I am curious to see what happens to vintage reproduction prices in the coming years since the Ford GT will be out of production very soon. The "balance out" (ramp down schedule) has been published.

Nose differences

Just I note the stunning SPF mk2 has so different front from all other gt40 mk1.
Previous threads told the real thing has different nose too, but according to the pictures I can see in MDA website seems they have the same front for mk1 and mk2
http://www.gt40uk.com/images/mk2s/blue-2.jpg

So...just to know...it is correct the mk2 replica should have so different nose section?.

...really curious to see how will be the final production of SPF mk1's..my favourite.

Thank u
Paolo

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Buongiorno Paolo-

Someone else will likely want to confirm this but I believe the difference you have observed is what makes them a Mk IIb. The biggest difference is that the front arches are more vertical in front of the front wheel. I'd bet there are others but I don't know them specifically.

They are noticeably different as you discovered.

Ciao,
Chris

Superformance MKII - any delivered to customers yet?

Query for the SF folks - have any been delivered to customers yet? The silver one has been out for over a year now (this is 2nd yr at Carlisle, PA) and we've seen pics of dealer-demo red, yellow, and blue cars (and heard reports of folks going for drives/rides in NC a few months back).

However, I don't recall hearing of any customers taking delivery yet? What is the forecasted date to deliver the first customer cars?

I believe folks have placed deposits on MKII's and there's also talk of the future MK I but this is also some time in the future apparently.

Just curious.

Mitch D

From what I know - the first customer cars (besides the 9 or so dealer demos that are already here) are starting to ship (I was told when I was at Superformance last week). It takes 4-6 weeks to get to the US depending on which port, so I imagine the first lot hits sometime in June.

Mike

The folks at Superformance emailed me that my MKI (build #23) is scheduled to start construction in September. That is contingent on the timely approval of the MKI prototype. So, I doubt that I will see my car before year's end.

got an email from Superformance on the status of my car...chassis is built and car assembly is expected by late July.

They mentioend that the MK1 is now available and they are slotting the 3-4 cars ordered as MK1's in the production mix and that could push mine down a little as these were ordered before mine.

Mike

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you are having Olthoff install a Roush engine package for your MKII. I had dinner with a group of Roush developement engineers at a Road America banquet last Saturday that indicated they have developed an engine package specific to the Superformance GT40 using TWM injection, a custom IAC setup, a DFI ECU (& tune), with a custom front dress & oil pan for the car. I am considering this package for my RCR as I was very impressed with the extensive level of attention that Roush appears to pay to a ready to drop in setup with a precision tune that works across the entire operating range the engine will see - hot, cold, cruise, traffic and of course track performance. I haven't had a chance to contact their crate engine department yet and would be interested to hear from anyone that is considering or has this package on the way.

Best Regards,

Al H.

Question from a GT-40 want-a-be.
There's a photo of the Superformance door on this thread, that is quoted as having "steel doors" (the photo is quite large) Is this true ? Are the windows acrylic ? Are they vented....ect ?

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Has anyone else noticed that the front fenders on the Mk II Superformance car on their website look funky? To be more specific, the front fenders above the wheels appear to be materially more rounded (rather than flat/shallow) than the original GT40 shape. Is it just my eyes or ?

Cliff, There were two models of the MKII; MKIIA and MKIIB. I make the MKIIA body. I cast my moulds off an original body. The front wheel openings of the "B" are more squared looking when looking at the nose from the front. The roundness was put in the top of the wheel arches to have tire clearence. The bottom of the radiator opening is shaped like a wing, It's closed box section, a little tricky to make. I also believe there were 64 modifications done to the chassis to make them a MKII. I do see some slight differences in the SPF MKII body. The area running front to back between the two shoulder scoops on the tail looks too straight, too good! But, over all, the car is as close to an original as you will ever get!

Back