Superlite Aero

Yes G96/01 from the Porsche 996 Carrera with LSD. with the engine being a restricted stock LS3 ,the trans is more than up to the task.
They were used in Grand Am cars and proved to be reliable.
We used the same transaxles in the NFS cars with 430hp LS3's and they were beaten by stunt drivers for months and not a single issue...

Fran, Thanks for calling me back today after the email debacle.
One question, have you spec'd a dash - datalogger package? I'm hoping you'll say AIM MXL2.
Thanks,
Gator

I understand, no build logs. How 'bout a mini-documentary on how you designed and build it? Maybe something like the SLC video.

This car makes me want to get my racing license. Awesome.

You mean this Aero...its very much alive...

Attachments

• AERO RED TOP.jpg
    AERO RED TOP.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 844
  • AERO RED 1.jpg
    AERO RED 1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 757
  • AERO RED REAR.jpg
    AERO RED REAR.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
Awesome looking!! Based on those renderings I'd say the name is at least very fitting ("Aero" not my favorite otherwise - then again neither was Apex and I bought one, but I'm sticking with GT-A when people ask). lol

Fran,

I'm kind of surprised that you're not using the Corvette trans from the C5/6. Yes, the wheelbase would be stretched out farther, but that seems to be the fad with the newer LMP cars. What's the wheelbase on this car?

Club race cars can't be the size of lmp1 cars as you need a semi truck to move them, they care so wide and low.
The wheelbase to track width ratio would dictate the car being pretty large and unwieldy to manage for a club racer

"We've come full circle."

Two seat version:
Buy SLC
Do fiberglass mods similar to Scott's
Voilà!

Last edited:
Back