20161205_173821.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 20161205_173857.jpg
    20161205_173857.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 844
  • 20161205_174146.jpg
    20161205_174146.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,269
What's your booth number or the name in the exhibitor listing? I'm trying to load ya'll up in my PRI 2016 mobile app planner but can't find you in the listings. i'm looking for either Race Car Replicas or Superlite.....

In another thread, Fran posted that he would be in the ARE dry sump systems booth. I looked them up and they are listed as booth 1351.

Interesting that there aren't any louvers over the rear tires. Is that because the high pressure air escapes through the rear?

Beautiful car. We need a track day review! :)

Wow...looks great. I could see how you could sell alot of these at that price range. I don't think there's much out there on an equal playing field given the quality/price ratio and considering you don't have to put in time to get it driving. I guess it all depends on the market for non street driven cars when you don't price people out of the market. Hope its a hit.

Would someone please take some pictures of the dash and inside the car also some pictures of the diffuser and nose from different angles and height.
Thanks
Ed

Would someone please take some pictures of the dash and inside the car also some pictures of the diffuser and nose from different angles and height.
Thanks
Ed

Here's a few.

Attachments

• Aero PRI 6.jpg
    Aero PRI 6.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 681
  • Aero PRI 7.jpg
    Aero PRI 7.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 626
  • Aero PRI 5.jpg
    Aero PRI 5.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 675
  • Aero PRI 4.jpg
    Aero PRI 4.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 576
  • Aero PRI 3.jpg
    Aero PRI 3.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 654
My Quick take:
Pros:
The performance to $$$ winner in racing today. Nothing else comes close.
Likely to be very reliable, or as reliable as that word can be applied to a race car.
Easy entry exit for a Prototype style. That's me next to the car in the pic, 6'4" 215. I had no problem getting in and out.
PLENTY of leg room. knee room, and footbox room for tall drivers with big feet.
Fit and finish were great for a race car.
The side intrusion and general crashworthiness are excellent. With the exception noted in the cons below i would feel very safe racing this car.

Cons;
I have my doubts if I'll ever fit headroom wise. I sat in the car, which has no seat. So sitting on the floorpan my head would hit the two cage hoop bars, and not barely hit but solid on the side of my head. Fran said they can bow the two bars up an inch to be right against the roof. IMHO all the cars should be built that way, I'm not sure why they aren't. But even bowing the bars up I'm skeptical that when in a proper seat and wearing a helmet my head is not going to be clanging against the bars. And that leaves scant room for crush space in a roll over. Fran says i'll fit, I'm reserving judgement on that until there's one with a seat and the modified bars to sit in.

On other cons:
No room for a Cool Shirt ice box. I'm afraid this will be a hot car and no Cool Shirt is big concern for me. Now that I have one I can't imagine going back to racing without one in the summer.

The engine cover/tail is one very large piece and requires two people to take off safely. To check the dry sump oil level or anything else you will need a teammate at the track to help. Also if you have a contact event that's one large piece to repair.

My Recommendation:
if you're 6' or less and don't care about a Cool Shirt, buy the car, you can't beat this deal.

Personally I'll wait to write a check until I can do a test fit in a modified configuration. The Cool Shirt may be solvable with an electronic cooler, but those are very expensive, about $8K.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Gator
You sat pretty upright In The car and didnt really try to move down as you had lots of leg and knee room
The car comes with a bead seat two part foam kit so it's thickness is minimal in the places it needs to be thin
Have you tried fitting in other closed cockpit prototype cars And how do they compare ?

Race cars all need repair when you have an impact so that's a non issue really isn't it.

Last edited:

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
Is this built with a more reclined seating position in mind, like the SLC?

Gator - see any unusual places you could custom fit a cool suit container (interior? in the body work cavities?)

Gator
You sat pretty upright In The car and didn't really try to move down as you had lots of leg and knee room
The car comes with a bead seat two part foam kit so it's thickness is minimal in the places it needs to be thin
Have you tried fitting in other closed cockpit prototype cars And how do they compare ?

Race cars all need repair when you have an impact so that's a non issue really isn't it.

Hi Fran,
It was great meeting you. You are correct that I didn't slide down into a formula style lay back seat, it's possible with one and the bowed hoop bars the helmet clearance will be OK. There is plenty of leg room for that style.

In comparison the NP01 has more headroom, plenty actually. But it doesn't have as much knee room. The one I sat in at PRI also has the ver1 steering wheel bar, they have since moved the bar up 2" to allow more room there.
They also have a designated space on the drivers right side floor for a Cool Shirt ice box.

Removing the NP01 rear section is an easy one person operation because it's in 3 parts. It takes less than 30 seconds for one person to pull the engine cover off.

Jburer: I didn't see any place to put the Cool Shirt ice box. I asked Fran specifically, I'll let him tell you in his words what he told me!

Preston: from a prospective customer's view the answer is yes and no. The NPO1 will not be near as fast and in it's own class or ST2. Aero will be in Super Unlimited or in ST1 with a weight penalty (per Fran). So yes they are competitive in that both Prototype class turnkey cars. But the Aero is less expensive to buy, probably about the same to run or slightly more operating costs, and will be in different classes. And the Aero will blow by it on every straight! The NP01 only has 185 HP.

The NP01 certainly has it's it's Pros too. It's very impressive they finished 6th overall at the Thunderhill 25 this year, beating MANY more powerful cars, while replacing only one cracked brake rotor and 3 sets of tires.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Preston
The P01 and the Aero will not be in the same league performance wise but will often be in the same race... Lap times will obviously show the performance delta

Back