Superlite Le Mans

What are the odds of some sort of removable top (snap on if necc.) for us guys in the south that have rain daily for an hour or so.

I thought that his GTR was 1003hp and the can am was for a european client. He does put some great engines together.

Any thoughts and dont say anything about a roof.....close to production now..

Attachments

• Superlite Le Mans.jpg
    Superlite Le Mans.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,422
Last edited:
Fran,

I like it! The center console separating the two seats is very interesting and I like the fresh air intake (should make some noise next to your ears). Where or how is the gearshift integrated into the tall console and allow for leg room?

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
I know this thing is designed to slice through the air like a Ginsu knife goes through tomatoes, but any chance of toning down the sharp edges, and getting a bit more roundiness/curviness in those transitions on the sides?

Or is this where the plastic surgeon gets to do his magic?

Edit: Will a V12 fit in there?

NO chance of changing the outside shape ...and its not as sharp in the flesh as it looks in renderings/pictures...its the SLC base afterall.. ..
A BMW v12 will fit as its a similar size to a Chevy...

Doc..no impact on leg room at all....shifter in the same local as a Coupe...just not shown clearly in this pic....but you can see the base of the shift boot...if you look carefully.

I'm also wondering about the huge center console. I imagine there is a structural component underneath it, hence the need to have it and have it covered since everyone above 18" tall can see into and everything within the car.

Car looks fantastic in the rendering btw.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
I swear Fran, it looks like it's tailor made for an F18 canopy top.

Is the rear clip hinged, and the front one is a pull off?

Any windows planned, or WYSIWYG?

Let's see some more renderings/pics.....

Front and rear hinge...no canopy...then you have a Coupe... :thumbsup:

Patience John your engine and box have been siting for a while... a little while longer wont hurt them...:laugh:

This is just one of the options...a true Barchetta style with small side windows ..similar to the original yellow proto is planned too...same car ...two treatments..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
(((Drooling all over my keyboard)))

You know anyone looking for a GT40???

[[[[My wife's gonna kill me]]]]

Looks nice Fran,
Is there a windscreen in this picture? I can't tell. Also is there a chassis support under the center divider?

Back