Taboo engine goodies!

Since it looks like I may be going with the instrument of the devil himself - the LS7 - then why not consider topping off the kit with this blasphemous intake? I would normally say that carbon fiber has no place in a GT40, but now I am starting to think "resto-mod" or something. I mean, if you are going to thumb your nose at the ford motor, why not go all the way?

Attachments

• LS7-Top View.jpg
    LS7-Top View.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,365
  • LS7-End View.jpg
    LS7-End View.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,358

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
IMHO, it does look Way Cool! I think carbon fiber is HOT, and I've always liked the old "cross ram" type intakes, too.

But................couldn't they make something like this for a Ford???

Doug

Seriously, do you think the headers would be too close to the intake position? I am wondering about fabricating a pair of fiberglass air boxes that would feed directly into the rams on each side. Connect this with a flex hose to filter boxes on the each side, and have these fed from intake tubes in the underside of the clam from the triangle inlets behind the windows. Basically set it up so that when you close the clam, you seal the intake system onto the top of the filters, which feed into the rams.

Not having a car in front of me, anyone think it would be possible?

................couldn't they make something like this for a Ford???

If you are going to go authentic, by all means do the Ford. But if you want a modern motor, Ford is the one who dumped development of the pushrod engine. Where else are you going to get an all aluminum dry sump 7 liter motor in the space of a small block with titanium rods, forged pistons, and a valvetrain easily good to 7k?

J. I'm a Ford guy, but the top of the motor sticking out in the back of a 40 should be as exotic as it can be. From webbers to what you've pictured, that's what a person hopes to see under that window and is what really sets a GT apart from the rest. I say go hard with it!

J,
Is that a Kinsler set up? From the looks of the SBC in the background I'd guess it is. How much is that set of jewels?

thanks

Fitting a Kinsler stack system onto my LS7 which is then going into an RCR40 (nice easy GENUINE ;) 550bhp). Kinsler is great stuff but a complete system (tank to injector) is @ $10k+ depending on options. But boy does it look good, especially with conventional ally trumpets IMHO.

This set up is giving around 25mpg for road style touring when installed in the Gardener Douglas T70 replica in the UK (thats UK gallons just for clarity.

So performance and economy............they do say the devil looks after his own........................:flameon:

ps boy it's hot down here, place is full of Chevy owners!

J,
Is that a Kinsler set up? From the looks of the SBC in the background I'd guess it is. How much is that set of jewels?

thanks

That is Kinsler, it's a new setup. Turnkey complete is 11.7k for the fancy one, about a thousand less for the regular shorty stack setup. It's pricey, but you only live once!

Be careful J!

I have a/an LS1 on the engine stand, fortunately the BBC is already in the car with 2inch stainless headers made up already! This forum is kinda like F-chat, keep the flame suit on, Scott ;o)

Hmmm... After looking at 40 rear clips, I think the runners need to be shaped like this...

Attachments

• LS7-End View2.JPG
    LS7-End View2.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,133
Man I like the looks of this Kinsler setup. I'm in the process of purchasing a World Products LS7 & I obviously want something exotic. I want my cake & eat it too!! I have been considering a Hilborn Injection & converting it to EFI. I want 650 HP & 30 MPG. I have owned & rebuilt several Rochester fuel injection units but I don't think I can get the required air flow. If I'm spending the money to build a GT40 I don't want to start cutting corners now. Besides - I don't have a female screaming at me - DON'T YOU THINK THERES THINGS WE NEED BESIDES A NEW ______- fill in the blank. There's not a married man alive that hasn't heard that slogan!!

DON'T YOU THINK THERES THINGS WE NEED BESIDES A NEW ______- fill in the blank. There's not a married man alive that hasn't heard that slogan!!

Ture story: we were beginning to pick appliances for our new house (we moved in last Aug.) Wife asks about Viking appliances. I say "C'mon honey, they cost 5x as much and don't do anything more than the regular ones." she said "Yeah, well there is something just like that out in the garage." It sorta set the precident on the house...

I am going to take a similar approach to you. If I cut corners now, I will only spend more as I redo it the way I like later. The kinsler setup is supposedly top notch. I am going to go with the traditional stack manifold.

Back