Tell everyone every week that you are surviving this COVID19. Just add your name to the list once a week and each of us will know if you are alive.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Still here up in Edinburgh.
still waiting for the appointment to get the jab!

Wife who works in the histopathology lab had had the first Pfizer one and been advised to make an appointment for her second.

started the GT40 for the first time since October and she was a bit rough but got running and warmed up. If the weather is good tomorrow I may make an essential trip In her!

Ian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I got both doses of the Pfizer through the Veterans Administration (VA) here in Arizona - No side effects whatsoever.
The missus got her first dose of Moderna 3 weeks ago and gets the 2nd dose next week. also no side effects whatsoever for her.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The Mrs and I got our 1st Pfizer shots this past Saturday, 2/27. 'Automatically our 2nd shots were scheduled on the spot for exactly 21 days later (getting 'em on that date is now guaranteed by law. The vaccine WILL be there).
Two weeks after we get our 2nd shots, supposedly we'll be immune to the C-19 virus....buuut, should we be exposed to it at some time thereafter, although we won't get infected ourselves, we could become 'carriers' capable of infecting others. So, we're going to continue to wear masks, blah, blah, blah where/when we deem it necessary. That said, I guarantee you we will N-O-T be doing so from now until the Second Coming. TRUST ME. 'Not going to happen. We're already long past the point of being fed up with the whole exercise as it is.
The first thing we're going to do once those last two weeks have passed is head for our favorite local restaurant and have dinner! We have already made our reservation! 'Even plan to dress up a tad...a bit of *'bling'* included. (Wearing anything above blue jeans and a jacket in this one horse town tends to put people's noses out of joint...but, 'too bad. We're going to celebrate! We've been looking forward to this for over a year!)

(** For those whose minds may be headed there; by "bling" I'm not referring to sequin or rhinestone-bedecked "Grand Ole Opry"-style clothing or any other sort of similar foolishness. NOR am I even hinting at Hollywood gala excesiveness. When I say "a bit"... I do mean "a bit". ;))

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I got both doses of the Pfizer through the Veterans Administration (VA) here in Arizona - No side effects whatsoever.
The missus got her first dose of Moderna 3 weeks ago and gets the 2nd dose next week. also no side effects whatsoever for her.

THAT'S good to hear.
There are a LOT of horror stories out there about the side effects of the 2nd shots.
The Mrs and I are praying to experience what you two have to date. IOW - zero misery!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The Mrs and I got our 1st Pfizer shots this past Saturday, 2/27. 'Automatically our 2nd shots were scheduled on the spot for exactly 21 days later (getting 'em on that date is now guaranteed by law. The vaccine WILL be there).
Two weeks after we get our 2nd shots, supposedly we'll be immune to the C-19 virus....buuut, should we be exposed to it at some time thereafter, although we won't get infected ourselves, we could become 'carriers' capable of infecting others. So, we're going to continue to wear masks, blah, blah, blah where/when we deem it necessary. That said, I guarantee you we will N-O-T be doing so from now until the Second Coming. TRUST ME. 'Not going to happen. We're already long past the point of being fed up with the whole exercise as it is.
The first thing we're going to do once those last two weeks have passed is head for our favorite local restaurant and have dinner! We have already made our reservation! 'Even plan to dress up a tad...a bit of *'bling'* included. (Wearing anything above blue jeans and a jacket in this one horse town tends to put people's noses out of joint...but, 'too bad. We're going to celebrate! We've been looking forward to this for over a year!)

(** For those whose minds may be headed there; by "bling" I'm not referring to sequin or rhinestone-bedecked "Grand Ole Opry"-style clothing or any other sort of similar foolishness. NOR am I even hinting at Hollywood gala excesiveness. When I say "a bit"... I do mean "a bit". ;))

We are doing much of the same...
While neither of us are extremely paranoid, we are very careful...
That said, I have to say that after having been vaccinated, we no longer feel like we’re playing Russian Roulette when we go out in public to the stores etc...
So, the vaccine has been quite liberating in itself!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Both my wife and I had both doses of the Moderna vaccine. Both of us had a mild degree of discomfort after the second shot for a day, nothing to be overly worried about. Better than the alternative....

..yup...after the 1st shot, 'a mild 'ache' from the injection site on down the arm for about 6"?

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Front line workers are eligible May 1 in Oregon (includes education- the wife- and manufacturing- me!). I see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
That said, I have to say that after having been vaccinated, we no longer feel like we’re playing Russian Roulette when we go out in public to the stores etc...
So, the vaccine has been quite liberating in itself!

'Couldn't agree more...

In Holland (central), both still free from Covid (we think, you never are sure).
The jab will take atleast a few months before my wife and I get it, scheduled somewhere in May. Age 50+
As I am a truck driver delivering flour, yeast and so on to craftsman bakery's I have work enough.
My wife working for Collins Aerospace, facility in Holland now closing (two months to go) as airplanes are mostly grounded. Facility moving to Poland now as its cheaper.

Just realised I might not have not posted an update, apologies if Ive done it elsewhere....Might be some connection to covid but nobody in towers of power want to know! Goes back to april 2021 when I had the flu jab as a precaution since I am considered high risk with chronic kidney injury. Fair enough , been doing that since 2012. Then got Pfizer jabs 1/6/21 & 24/6/21. Nothing of note about that until mid November , driving home, note speedo and going a bit fast @85kmph, take foot off gas, nothing happens. nothing working on RHS, kick R foot of gas with Left and switch to left foot, all good. Arrive at home gate, walked a curved line to open gate etc & cant get key in ignition to restart, about 2'' away from target, had to use LH to get restarted! Get home & take a break to try and work out what had just happened. A few more TIA's ( I still did not recognise them as such ) til Donna decided it was time for the Ambulance & down to Gore Hospital & A&E. Most of the night there, trip of ~45 mile to Southland Hospital, overnight stay & scans etc, Nothing shows! Back home to Gore, take it easy, get some rest! About 3 weeks, a few minor sensation type TIA's then a fairly intense one, numbness on RHS & slight face droop, back in the Ambo & another trip to Invercargill, whole day hooked up to monitors and finally late afternoon another scan.... Nothing! Change of shift for Doctors and told I can go home! Donna arrives to pick me up, we head across town & I have about 5 more TIA'S in as many km!. Short rest at her mum's place & off to Gore, More mild TIA's on the way and arrive back home. We are now at approx 25 TIA's that I can account for, Donna had been keeping notes & the overall # is a lot more. A day or two later I was taking a walk on the back lawn and felt a hot/cold sweat sensation sort of pass through the old body, bit concerned about that so headed inside to have a rest. That was 16th Dec 2021 and the las TIA i have experienced! Doctors reckon it is BP related and could be, although we have equipment here and had done several tests, some are up a bit and some down. Dont want to believe there is any connection to Pfizer. As for me from here onward they can stick their needles where the sun dont shine, Im doing fine, Walking, Lifting etc, allowed to drive again & trying to find floor space for many projects still needing attention.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Just realised I might not have not posted an update, apologies if Ive done it elsewhere....Might be some connection to covid but nobody in towers of power want to know! Goes back to april 2021 when I had the flu jab as a precaution since I am considered high risk with chronic kidney injury. Fair enough , been doing that since 2012. Then got Pfizer jabs 1/6/21 & 24/6/21. Nothing of note about that until mid November , driving home, note speedo and going a bit fast @85kmph, take foot off gas, nothing happens. nothing working on RHS, kick R foot of gas with Left and switch to left foot, all good. Arrive at home gate, walked a curved line to open gate etc & cant get key in ignition to restart, about 2'' away from target, had to use LH to get restarted! Get home & take a break to try and work out what had just happened. A few more TIA's ( I still did not recognise them as such ) til Donna decided it was time for the Ambulance & down to Gore Hospital & A&E. Most of the night there, trip of ~45 mile to Southland Hospital, overnight stay & scans etc, Nothing shows! Back home to Gore, take it easy, get some rest! About 3 weeks, a few minor sensation type TIA's then a fairly intense one, numbness on RHS & slight face droop, back in the Ambo & another trip to Invercargill, whole day hooked up to monitors and finally late afternoon another scan.... Nothing! Change of shift for Doctors and told I can go home! Donna arrives to pick me up, we head across town & I have about 5 more TIA'S in as many km!. Short rest at her mum's place & off to Gore, More mild TIA's on the way and arrive back home. We are now at approx 25 TIA's that I can account for, Donna had been keeping notes & the overall # is a lot more. A day or two later I was taking a walk on the back lawn and felt a hot/cold sweat sensation sort of pass through the old body, bit concerned about that so headed inside to have a rest. That was 16th Dec 2021 and the las TIA i have experienced! Doctors reckon it is BP related and could be, although we have equipment here and had done several tests, some are up a bit and some down. Dont want to believe there is any connection to Pfizer. As for me from here onward they can stick their needles where the sun dont shine, Im doing fine, Walking, Lifting etc, allowed to drive again & trying to find floor space for many projects still needing attention.

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Glad everything seems alright now!
Sheeeeeze...

Back