That OTHER racer some of us admire...

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I know the 962 hits some people's radar on this board (like mine!). Looks like someone has taken up some of Derek Smith's handiwork and started fabbing them for a real profit:

GtPROTOTYPES Porsche 962 Replica

Now if we could only convince Fran to bring it to market within reach... (Fran- are you listening???) ;)

Chris,

Derek and I spoke of this guy a little while ago...seems he does not own what he is advertising.
Everything he mentions on the website is supplied by Derek...and Derek is a little upset to say the least.

There is far too much of this practice going on in our industry and it is the reason that the negative "KITCAR" mentality/persona is hard to shake.

Derek and I are good pals.....so who knows whats available from RCR if the right questions $$$$ are asked .......:D

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Yeah, I was a little excited when I saw it but as I went through the site a LOT of it looked like Derek's stuff. Got me thinking a little bit about who might own what in this scenario and frankly one of my thoughts was along the lines of I wonder if Derek knows these guys are doing this...

At >$100k it's out of my league (and I have that other thing in my garage currently) but by your closing statement, can I guess a 962 body might fit over a Superlight Coupe chassis? We might have some business to do in the future...:D

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I always loved & admired the 962's. I'm pretty sure you could find a twin turbo Porsche 911 motor to throw in there and be one happy HAPPY driver! LOL It sucks that this guy is trying to rip off someone else's ideas & work. Beautiful car though!!

He does take a bit of poetic license, when describing who manufactured the parts, but Derek does get some credit, at least.

If a 956/962 roller had been available a few years ago?............Hmmm.....

Fran,

Please keep us posted, if and when you decide to offer a 962.

Bill

Friends,
If You Wish, My Friend Jochen Dauer Has The Capability To Build 1 Or 2 Dauer 962. In 1994 He Won Le Mans With A Dauer Porsche 962 And He Has The Rights To Build Street Legal Cars With Air Conditioning Having 720 True Horse Powers Out Of Original 3.2l 6 Cylinder Boxer Engines. The Option Is Short Or Long Transmission. The Short Allows A Top Speed Of 370 Km/h And The Long Only 405 Km/h. Check The 7 Cars Made For Brunei And The Last Made For A Swedish Collector.
Ciao
Wanni

Back