The burning lady is back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Story for our times

Over a year ago a lady was found burning in a park in fullerton,CA
In the end, no one cared about her--
just her old car left in an Anaheim storage facility.
A Cobra Daytona coupe.
It sold for $3 million, then $4 million.
A former owner, claiming he was still the owner, popped up with a high priced Beverly Hills lawyer named Shapiro.
Shapiro struck out at bat, and failed to get his client's car back.
There was never any speculation that Spector could be a suspect in her death, which was ruled a suicide, though the death occured under suspicious circumstances.
Phil Spector a murderer? No way. After all we're talkin' about the man who wrote "To know me is to love me."
Well today Jan. 4th, 2003, Phil Spector was arrested for murder in Alhambra. Of another lady.
My questionis: will there be bunny tracks leading back to the $3 million Cobra?
Stay tuned.
Bitzman

Bitzman,
You have the wrong forum. I believe you want the Cobra forum. They may be interested
in your story as it pertains to the Daytona coupe. www.clubcobra.com

I don't believe anyone on this board has any interest in a dead story. You are TROLLing the wrong forum....

Hersh
smile.gif

The missing Daytona Coupe and the mystery surrounding it's recent appearance make for very interesting reading whether you are a GT40 or a Cobra owner/enthusiast. I personally have been fascinated with this missing piece of Ford racing history for many years. I am one GT40 enthusiast that welcomes input like this. I realize this is not a Cobra forum but I believe there are exceptions to every rule and this I think would be one. I beleive the "Cobra" forum welcomes input on GT40 related topics without question.
confused.gif

Oh, I know him allright ! This guy spent
a considerable time on the Clubcobra forum causing his brand of fun. I'm sorry that I was not more clear. After knowing the amount of discord he cause on the other forum I thought it best to advise him to move on. Unfotunatly, I should have explained myself first. He has claimed to be some kind of reporter and he continues to seek or trolle for some kind of story slant for God know what reason. He offers no credible information back to us but he surely wants what he can get from you.
My apollogies, I will leave him be and allow Ron to monitor and do as he sees fit.
Here is the news release.

http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2162217

Hersh
smile.gif

He has also posted this same thread on the other forums. www.cobraforum.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=8939

[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Hershal Byrd ]

Hersh
I agree. The story of the Daytona Coupe is interesting. What happened in LA yesterday is sad and doesn't have anything to do with Cobra's or GT40s.
Best
Jim

Though this might be interesting to some, the story of this rare car is not a new one. Those that are interested should search else where on the web. I agree with Hershal that this is not GT40 related and what little news value this post started out to be, it has no place under "Cars and Parts for sale or Wanted".
Jim Seisser

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hersh,

Agree. As much as I love "Da Bunnies" this Trolling is way whacked!

That said, if you remember it was "Da Bunnies" that caused the creation of the "Club Cobra Lounge" so we would have a place to popst the off topic and attemped humor. Perhaps Ron would see value (or not) in such a place here. But Bitzman is looking for an angle I don't think he will find here.

Rick
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back