This is a leading question.

G

Marco

Roaring Forties offers an MK II rear.
Picture of a black MK II is on their site.

MikeD

Hersh,

I'd be V suprised to see a replica of the Elise... you can buy a real one for 12-14,000 UKP. A replica would have to be cheaper to be worthwhile...

The chassis is the key to the Elise's success, not it's looks! Perhaps I'm biased as I've owned mine since new & it's a great car.. I hope I never have to sell it!

A Ferrari Daytona replica would be nice
:)
Not sure what an appropriate motor would be though...
grin.gif

As far as the Elise goes, there's a
company that imports them to the US and
puts the Honda VTEC in it for US emissions.
Obviously there's a bump in sticker price.
I believe they're located in Connecticut
Now, if they managed to put in the Acura
Integra Type S motor and 6 speed, that would
spark my interest over the GM 2.2!

Ian

[ April 18, 2002: Message edited by: Ian K ]

Hello, RF, Robert Logan !...

Saw this MkII article on your site !
Best looking MkII/"production kit" so far..
By horse lenghts...
Hard to tell from those pics, but...
Second only to one off´s/genuine/ERA (wich has(i believe)moulded of both clips from original cars..)
Can´t afford the genuine or the like, and want a MkII Today!
Well jump on it boy´s
10 points to you !
Keep it coming...
demand and competition makes quality, even for an old critic like myself..
Would like to see some terrific pics of that clip !
Anyone ?
Altered it your self, or...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

The only part of a ml3 I would be intersted in is the windows and doors. A mk4 would of course be great.

What I would like to see, are a lot of new designs, like Ultima and Mullen. Fresh ideas would help. I believe that the kit car industry is becoming a replica only type market.

Chris- Answers to your questions.

1. Not sure a Mk III replica would sell. The Mk I is a much prettier car. A Mk IV would be neat, but the limited cockpit space and long front overhang would make it a challenge on the street.
2. McLaren F1, Chaparral 2D come to mind.
3. Don't think a replica of the 43 would do well this early.
4. No opinion, as I have not paid much attention to the market once I had my car, which has been almost 7 years.
Jack

I drive my Lola on the street all the time and it's very comfortable,stays cool,and is way fun.(There's a pic of it on the 917 thread) My MK-IV is actually roomier than a MK-I on the driver's side. Mark Donohue said it was the most comfortable race car he ever drove. As far as front overhang goes I've had no problem with it on the street at all.

Back