Track tires

Hi All- I am shopping for a combination track/street tire (mostly track). (17" wheels). I am looking at the Nitto 01 or 05 tires, Falken Azenis, Toyo R1, 888 or similar. Anyone have experience with good predictable tire for use on this car?
Thanks,
Paul

Depends what you mean by track/street tires. I have the Nitto NT01's. Very good track tire at a reasonable price. I don't use them on the street, but it's possible in dry weather. Wet - no way. I have no idea how many miles of street use you could get out of them. If you only want one all purpose set I would go for Avons even though they cost a lot.

Hi Dave- Most time on the car will be on track. Very limited street use.
I know what you mean about dry only, I have had Hoosiers and other R type tires on my Griffith. You had to be careful if you spit out the window while it was moving. Having the right tire on that car made a world of difference wet or dry. These Nittos seem to be priced right compared to others. The 05s look like more of a rain type tire ( it does rain up here in the Pacific NW).
Sounds like Nitto has good products.
Thanks,
Paul

Oh, and by the way Dave- I assume you have 17 inch Nittos, are you using the 315s in rear and 235s in front?
Thanks again,
Paul

Back