transaxle tornado

hy, i have a renault un1 transaxle , and its to slow, i will change it , i put a long 5. gear , but it really dosnt help,
please can me tell somebody a good transaxle for my car , my engine is a ford 302 stroker with 420 hp

thanks

greetings from germany
tom

Mike Pass

Supporter
By my calculations
At 7,000rpm (if 100kph at 2,250 rpm is correct) the speed would be 311kph which is 193mph.
I am puzzled as to where you managed to max speed the car. Glenn Mason managed to do 190mph at Bruntingthorpe which has a very long runway and a good run up in his SGT which also has a 347 stroker and Quaife ZFQ with more power.
Cheers
Mike

Neil

Supporter
hy, i have a renault un1 transaxle , and its to slow, i will change it , i put a long 5. gear , but it really dosnt help,
please can me tell somebody a good transaxle for my car , my engine is a ford 302 stroker with 420 hp

thanks

greetings from germany
tom
Try a Porsche G50/01. In my car it calculates as 209 mph @ 7200 RPM.

By my calculations
At 7,000rpm (if 100kph at 2,250 rpm is correct) the speed would be 311kph which is 193mph.
I am puzzled as to where you managed to max speed the car. Glenn Mason managed to do 190mph at Bruntingthorpe which has a very long runway and a good run up in his SGT which also has a 347 stroker and Quaife ZFQ with more power.
Cheers
Mike
He must live on the Bonneville Salt Flats...

Hi all,
I just build a simple road going car, no fancy motor or things like that... juste a car that can idle in traffic jam, not overheat, gets me where I want & back...
for many ( some times crazy) reasons I use 16 inch wire wheels and tires an Audi gvd gearbox , and with à practically standard iron lump in my back I aimed 80mp/h (130km/h) what is the maximum legal speed in this country the engine runs 2450rpm ...
when you see my theoretical sheet at 7000tm..... I should overtake the Bugattis ....

if you dee my sheet the Audi box is gvd 6speed whit vey long ratio , and a to short 1 gear which I would not use , perhaps only parking moves etc.... that's why you see only 5speed ratios . sheet is in km/h and centimeters for sizes
Paul

Attachments

• rapports boite gvd audi a4.JPG
    rapports boite gvd audi a4.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 81
By my calculations
Cheers
Mike
i germany is no speedlimit, i have a corvette zr1 , and i drive often over 220mph. i love speed, ;)

i germany is no speedlimit, i have a corvette zr1 , and i drive often over 220mph. i love speed, ;)
But you still haven't answered the big question, do you reach 7000rpm in 5th gear? and if so whats your top speed.
Because anyone bragging going over 170mph in a GT40 must have huge balls, cause GT40's tend to get very light at the front end above that.

And, don't fool me, Germany do have speed limits at the Autobahn, just curtain spots along the Autobahn don't have.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
But you still haven't answered the big question, do you reach 7000rpm in 5th gear? and if so whats your top speed.
Because anyone bragging going over 170mph in a GT40 must have huge balls, cause GT40's teJPnd to get very light at the front end above that.

And, don't fool me, Germany do have speed limits at the Autobahn, just curtain spots along the Autobahn don't have.

JP, you are correct - but it's all about knowing a section w/o limits;)

Glenn M

Supporter
By my calculations
Cheers
Mike

Close Mike!
It was RAF Woodbridge at a Jaguar Speedtrial. It is a 2 mile runway and they had a radar speed trap at the end... which read 192 mph!
I still say I was slowed down because of the weight of my passenger... just don't tell her I said so! ;)
My engine is a 331 stroker BTW.

Hope you're well? Must be time for another curry soon?

Glenn

Aber Sie haben die große Frage immer noch nicht beantwortet, erreichen Sie 7000 U / min im 5. Gang? und wenn ja was ist deine höchstgeschwindigkeit
Weil jeder, der damit prahlt, in einem GT40 über 270 km/h zu fahren, riesige Eier haben muss, weil GT40 dazu neigen, am vorderen Ende darüber sehr leicht zu werden.

Und täuschen Sie mich nicht, Deutschland hat Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungen auf der Autobahn, nur Vorhangstellen entlang der Autobahn haben keine.
[/ZITIEREN]
Nein , wir haben nur teilweise speedlimit, stimmt , er neigt vorne unruhig zu erden, ich habe ihn unten am boden unterspoilert und ca 100kg balast vorne montiert. 195meilen habe ich schon laut gps kurz geschaft, problem waren die zu hohe drehzahl:mit den Augen rollen:

Back