Unexplored Renault transaxles

In the ever growing hope that such things do exist..has anyone explored the possibility of the New Renault Traffic turbo diesel 6spd transaxle?
Also the UN-5 transaxle from the master van is being used in open classoff road buggies in australia in preference to porsche and VW. It uses a 9.5" CWP....whic curiously is the same size as the R21T. Does anyone have info on th UN-5's (the master van is the big Renault van with a 2.5lt turbo diesel...big in european terms). The only final drive I am aware of is 1:5.35....however if they are better than UN-1's then it may be cheaper to get different CWP sets made than theBell kit for the UN-1?

I forgot to mention that the UN-5 is available NEW in australia for $1600AUS....about $900US and 600UKP which makes it seem good value for money...apart from the final drive.
I know that different gear sets are available from Albins in Wendouree (again in $aus)

The UN-5 transaxle looks very promising at first glance, but the shaft center-to-center measurement is so small that the gear strength just isn't there. Those Albins aftermarket gears are failing in short order in off road cars.

Back