Upgrades/options and mods to P2125

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Bill,

Much appreciated!

If the new plexi with extra vent/shield and wrapped high header doesn't work out (car up on blocks now but, will get it out soon; spending Boston winter doing PM's and some more upgrades)I will fab the next cover from this (I'm going to buyh the stock just in case).

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve, there are some really great ideas here. Do you have some better pictures of the shifter linkage? Do you know where the turkey pan came from? I'm also going to be using one of the center pivot Hollies and want to make sure I get a turkey pan that fits. Thanks.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Richard,
Thanks for the compliment.

Pics as shown best I have for rod shift linkage.

Carb pan my design, executed by Olthoff. Constructed of 2 pieces (floor and belly band)... with belly band held to floor by 4 through bolted brackets. Design allows the carb to worked on by removal of the belly band sidewall leaving the base intact instead of removing the carb and turkey pan to work on the carb.

Steve

Last edited:

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Few new pics:

P2125 with clamshell off

Olthoff designed rear ZF mount I installed last week.

Attachments

• ALIM0129.jpg
    ALIM0129.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 657
  • ALIM0130.jpg
    ALIM0130.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 700
  • ALIM0131.jpg
    ALIM0131.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 700
  • ALIM0133.jpg
    ALIM0133.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 597
  • ALIM0132 (Small).JPG
    ALIM0132 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Latest upgrade:

Wood shift knob with GT emblem (thanks to Jimmymac for the emblem).

Attachments

• ALIM0161.jpg
    ALIM0161.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 543
  • ALIM0162.jpg
    ALIM0162.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 555

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Olthoff door release Lever Kit:

Easy install.

Pics:

Steve P2125

Attachments

• ALIM0202.jpg
    ALIM0202.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 472
  • ALIM0203.jpg
    ALIM0203.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 420

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Olthoff Brake Duct Kit:

Installed over weekend.

Front easy (little trimming required). Rears require removal of rotor and a bit of trimming
also good idea to clean and rework the emergency brake fastners as has previously been discussed.

Nice upgrade.

Few more pics on following post.

Steve P2125

Attachments

• ALIM0207.jpg
    ALIM0207.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 463
  • ALIM0211.jpg
    ALIM0211.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 447
  • ALIM0214.jpg
    ALIM0214.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 659
  • ALIM0215.jpg
    ALIM0215.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 462
  • ALIM0216.jpg
    ALIM0216.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 501

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Olthoff Brake Duct Kit (few more pics):

Steve P21325

Attachments

• ALIM0209.jpg
    ALIM0209.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 413
  • ALIM0211.jpg
    ALIM0211.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 402
  • ALIM0192.jpg
    ALIM0192.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 430
  • ALIM0194.jpg
    ALIM0194.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 427
  • ALIM0198.jpg
    ALIM0198.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 391

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Steve that car looks far to clean, I think you should get some road grime on it. :) Thanks for the pictures!

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Jack,

5,000 miles on it now...Clean because I take it to the carwash once a week (need it or not)...LOL.

Thanks for the kudo!

Steve

Hi Steve

Not wanting to be too inquisitive but I notice you have a FORD GT emblem in the middle of the steering wheel. I am assuming that it came from the SPF factory with something else and you've changed it? I have poured over and enjoyed your photos and explanations.

Regards

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Cam,

You are correct.

Boss from Frank Catt, badge from Fran Kress

Steve

PS Tx for the compliment.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Front wheel bearing cap seal and plug.

Front brake duct slotted and screened plug (see brake duct pics in earlier post)

Attachments

• ALIM0232.jpg
    ALIM0232.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 385
  • ALIM0230.jpg
    ALIM0230.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 407
Steve,

Your car is beautifully clean and tasteful, almost to the point of being obscenely so! :laugh3:

I'm curious about the screen and cover you put over your front brake duct. While I can see the desire to put something there, i.e. a screen, to keep rocks, bugs etc. from traveling through the system, it seems the slotted cover has blanked off the vast majority of your air inlet, essentially defeating the purpose of the whole thing.

Can you explain your line of reasoning with that particular modification? I know that Ford decided that ducting ambient air from the front end directly to the rotors was over-cooling them, and with the Mk II they changed the air source to behind the radiator, so that the brakes were being cooled with heated air. That might make sense at Le Mans, where brake temperatures are truly stratospheric, and the thermal shock of going from surface-of-the-sun hot, to very cold, again and again, would take its toll over time. However, at our levels, I would think that the temperature delta would be considerably less, and ambient air cooling would work just fine (and would be preferable to no cooling at all).

I look forward to hearing your explanation of your decision to blank off most of the cooling duct. :inquisitive:

And please continue sharing as your already-beautiful car continues to improve, day after day! :thumbsup:

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the kudos.

Re your question on the "screen and cover":

For every day driving the ducting isn't needed and I was concerned about picking up road junk but, with the rotors being partially shrouded I think some air is a good idea.

White plug/screen just pops in and out so can easily be removed if full race ducting is needed.

Steve

Back