USA Trip

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
I was wondering if there were any GT40 Members in the State of Idaho that I may be able to catch up with next month? It's my first time in the States and it would be nice to say g'day to any fellow members in the area. We are staying in Boise for a few nights from the 20th Oct before we head off into the mountains for a 10-12 day hunting expedition then we are back to Boise for a couple of days before we head back home to Tassie.
At this stage it looks as though our R&R side of the trip is limited to Boise, Idaho and the surrounding district so I would appreciate it if anyone can give me any ideas or information of a "must see or do" while we are there.
David

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Idaho is all about the outdoors. The sawtooth mountains are beautiful. Sun Valley ski resort is a big draw year round. The Bitterroot national forest is the largest expanse of continuous wilderness in the lower 48. If you are in the Brundage area take the chairlift up and enjoy the view. The historical museum in Boise is interesting. Take a trip up to Lucky Peak reservoir. Check out Mesa Taqueria for Mexican and the Texas Roadhouse for good old beef. If you head west into Oregon towards John Day you see an interesting contrast from mountains to desert-like terrain. Have fun!

David Lowe

Lifetime Supporter
Have to agree with about the chips Joe they are known throughout the world.
Thanks for the info Neal I'll certainly take time out to check your recommendations.
I must confess my ignorance at not knowing what you meant by 'lower 48'. (Thank goodness for Google).
It's probably been answered before but are there less GT40 replica's in the northern states due to the climatic conditions?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Have to agree with about the chips Joe they are known throughout the world.
Thanks for the info Neal I'll certainly take time out to check your recommendations.
I must confess my ignorance at not knowing what you meant by 'lower 48'. (Thank goodness for Goggle).
It's probably been answered before but are there less GT40 replica's in the northern states due to the climatic conditions?
David I don't think so, there is just not many people in Idaho that have a GT40s. Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, New York, all the north eastern states are colder and many members with cars.

Climatic conditions? Whatever do you mean? Here's a shot my wife took one winter day. It's about 12 degrees below zero Farenheit. That's the GT40 you see through the window of the car barn, and I'm somewhere inside, toasty and warm, having a grand time getting her ready for the warm months.

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 189
Back