Velocity Stack Filters 48mm Inside Diameter -Suggestions

Neville B

Supporter
Hello, I need filters for my 8 stack Webers all the one I have seen seem to be extremely expensive ie £240

Speedmaster PCE107.1018 Velocity Stack Dome Air Filter Screens Drop-in Style - I bought these of ebay without checking properly 2.1 inch thinking I could make them fit but no chance

My internal dia is 48mm or 1 7/8 inch

anyone found a reasonably priced solution?

Thanks

Hello not worried about filtering the air just want prevent anything being dropped in
But how about the restriction.
Mesh will act as a choke for sure, with a sure loss of bhp at the upper rpm range. Aircorrection jets will need to be re jetted.

Tennisballs are a good & cheap solution for anything dropping in when not running the engine. Mesh filters are a bling item for people who don't know what they are doing.
Its a well known fact, mesh filters choke your carb / tbi.

Brian Magee

Supporter
I had my car on a rolling road last year (48 IDAs). We tried it with and without filters,there was a difference but unless you are racing, not enough to worry about.

Brian.

Neville B

Supporter
I went with these. They fit well and look excellent for not much money
Speedmaster PCE107.1018 Velocity Stack Dome Air Filter Screens Drop-in Style https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z5M8M62/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_YGNQ6JN8T676QR649NE4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Mmm thats what I bought but I cant get them to fit the dia is 2.1 and my stacks are 1 7/8" I have tried bending the tabs but but the steel is strong and deforms the filter I even tried a hose clip to reduce the tabs but still no good
maybe my stack are different to yours
Thanks anyway

Back