I am driving up to see Fran today!
I will be at the shop on Saturday!
I can't wait!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Ron !!
I hope you come away equally impressed as I did. I think Henrey Ford would have been impressed with the "new" production line Fran has set up. Everything setup in a logical order of progression for assembly.
Regards Brian

No. That's something I always thought looked wack but I see your point. My coupe body isn't one of his. It's a specialized mouldings body that I bought 36 years ago. (Orignial right hand drive) Randy pulled a mold off of my body but added the double hump for his kit Marauders. For some reason his bodies got very heavy. Your's looks very nice even thought the double hump isn't my cup of tea.
The body hanging on my shop walls is another Specialized Moldings body I bought at the same time.

Best

Attachments

• 68661-tmp4.jpg
    68661-tmp4.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 538
ROFLMAO!!

Fran-
I sat here trying to understand what you wrote. I was thinking "seriously" and you came up with the off-the-wall funny.

Touche!!

Fran
i was much pleased with our phone conversation this morning and if i get a chance to be in the area i will be sure to stop by , your knowlede is very much apreciated and very helpfull with my project. thanks for the info earlier this morning.

Fran, please don't ask me to change the Lola moulds.
Jim, thanks for the compliment. Randy's bodies looked to be a chopper gun lay-up and pretty thick for a gun lay-up. I must say on the body I saw the seams were real nice. You could almost sand down the seams and polish them out and have an all gel-coat body. Also, the left side hump was spliced in after the body was pulled from the mould.

Ron McCall

Supporter
To get this thread back on track,
Brian,
I was very impressed with the work that Fran is doing.I saw what he had at Carlisle ( I drooled all over it for two days) And I must say that the new/improved stuff is a huge improvement.
I didn't think it was possible,or necessary, to improve it .But he did!
The welds on my chassis are absolutely gorgeous!
Te billit suspension is a work of art!
Fran's "common sence" approach and attention to detail is astounding!
Anyone who is contemplating building a GT40 replicaand doesn't consider RCR,is doing themselves a HUGE disservice!
Here's a few shots from Sat.

Attachments

• 68803-115_1599(2).JPG
    68803-115_1599(2).JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 492

Ron McCall

Supporter
I have a bunch more but unfortunately I'm not smart enough to know how to re-size them and they are all around 900k
Sorry

Thanks Ron..
it was a pleasure to have you guys around.

We are working our tails off as you can see with more chassis and suspension components being manufactured daily.I am very pleased with progress and all things are "hitting the marks"...I am very proud of all the work the team is doing and look forward to keeping customers happy.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron

Bill Bayard suggested Windows "Paint" program, which
seems to work for me.

Right click on your photo...
Left click Edit
Left click Image
Left click stretch & skew
Reduce height and width values
Save

That should do it.

MikeD

Back