Water Temp. Sender

Ha All,
Where would the best place be to mount my electric water temp sending unit on my 302 ford. Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0519.jpg
    DSCN0519.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 212
You didn't say which type of sender you have, or intake mqnifold. Most have a port in the outflow of the intake maniflod. If it is electronic you may need an adapter to fit the original opening in the intake manifold. Should be easily found. If it is a grounding type sender then the same place in the intake manifold. If you are using warning lites and a sender, then I would use the same place for one, and add a spacer to the outlet port on the front of the intake manifold between the maniflod and the hose outlet. Of course you would have to weld an outlet bung onto a plate that would bolt through the adapter. A machine shop can knock it out pretty fast.
On mine I have the electronic sender for the ECU, warning lites, electronic unit for the Davies Craig controller(want it for the run on feature), and manual water temp guage. I plan to splice the ECU and the Davies Craig unit together as they use the same type of sender. I put the ECU and the manual guage in the adapter and the warning lite in the upper hole. Will post a pic later when I get home.

Bill

Back