Well, here it is! RCR 33

I have been so busy trying to finish the car that I have not had time to update the build thread. The car is mostly complete with just the little stuff to sort out. I wanted to share some pictures with those that have been asking and to say thanks to all of you who have been such a huge help on this project. If any of you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Here is the run down on the car.

The engine is an aluminum block, 8.7 deck 302 dry sump stroked to 380.
Heads - Yates with titanium valve train, spraybars in the covers
induction- custom 3 piece intake with 48 webers w/ 46mm chokes
rotating assembly - billet crank, crower billet rods, custom diamond pistons, 10.7 to 1 compression
Clutch - Mcloed Magnum Forse 8 inch dual disk with billit aluminum flywheel
ZF transmission
3 fuel tanks (2- 15 gal. 1- 3 gal. swirl pot)
Dual swaybars, dual adjustable shocks
Full roll cage

Tons of other stuff that is top secret!:D

driver side.jpg

front.jpg

Passenger side.jpg

rear end.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very very nice Dean....

More detail on the center console (tunnel), body latches and rear upper hood pins please!!! :D

That is incredible. Absolutely incredible!! I would like more information about the bulkhead window. It looks like a rubber seal??? How do the shoulder harnesses attach? More pics of the inside pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!

A fantastic job. A "10"

Bill D

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Incredible, Dean!! It looks worthy of another Kit Car magazine cover story to me!

Cheers to you!

Doug

Keith

Neat, very neat, especially the engine bay.....:)

Not sure about the skinny's though....(that's my personal thought by the way)

Well done Dean, Car looks great, a credit to you, hope us UK boys can keep up this high standard, hope will you find time to complete your build thread, its been good to follow, now go and enjoy. Best of luck, Andy :)

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Dean, AWSOME!

I have seen the 33 car at Monterey last year and it is almost as nice as your pics!

Sandy

Looks fantastic Dean! Very sanitary interior and engine bay. I love a car that has the race car minimalist look and engineering. There is a kind of beauty all its own. Good job. Hope to do as well with one of my own some day.

Thanks for all the kind words. Let me answer a few of the questions.
Bill, the seat belts wrap around the rool bar on the inside. The rear window has a self gripping edging from McMaster-carr pressed on the firewall and the carpet. The window is on the inside then the frame. Here is a few pictures.

window trim.jpg

Randy the latches and rear bonnet latches came from Fran. They are nice peices but very expensive. Fran didn't even make a dollar on the transaction. The center console is detailed in the following pictures. It holds a series of switches that allow me to lock out my timing or set a curve or retard the computer 1 - 4 deg.

console.jpg
console insulation.jpg

Back