Well, here it is! RCR 33

More console pictures...
console done.jpg

console switch wiring2.jpg

dash1.jpg

Bill, the swaybar on the front is from speedway engineering. Built most of the setup. The rear bar is a 3/4 solid from the front of my Kirkham cobra!

Keith, I had to call Fran to understand what you are talking about when you said "skinny's". Those are my track tires. I have two other sets of 15's for the street. One set of BRM and one set of Halibrand.

Ron McCall

Supporter
HOLY SH*T!!! That car looks INCREDIBLE!!!! I hate to say it but you've raised the bar higher than I did!! Now we need to get these things on the track together!! You should come down to Summit Point on Oct.13th/14th.I will be there.
Did you get a chance to weigh it?
How was it on the track on Saturday???

How about some video and more detail pictures!

Wow, I step away for a day and I come back to find this! Great job, Dean and in 8 months?! Congrats and please post video after your track time. To see you and Ron side-by-side coming out of a turn on to the long straight would be an awesome sight!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Shaaaawiinnnggg....!!!!!!

Awesome man!!!

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Ron, I would love to chase you down on the track! That is the weekend of Run and Gun here in St. louis. Since I am one of the event coordinators I better go there instead. I was thinking about Mid ohio next summer. Maybe we could chase down a few Chevy's! I will post a lot of detail pictures as I update my build thread. Thanks for the complements. I am going back to the body shop to fix a few things and tighten up my gaps. I am also going to change the way the bonnet hinges. There are a few minor things that I want to change but all in all I will give a good report for this project. I would not trade my car for any other replica, period. It fits me because I built it that way and it is exactly what I wanted. Thanks again to Fran, Ron, Rob and the others that really made this build possible.

Dean,
your's is the best looking gt i've seen on this forum. in every detail of your photos, it looks great. too bad i ordered a yellow rcr or i'd switch to red. inside and out, your's is the top one so far. may be hard for the rest of us to reach your level.
wow
nice going
wes

Fantastic job, Dean. Don't know about your going to the body shop to tighten up your gaps, but seeing your car's photos sure tightened up a few of mine. Go the red car!!!

Dalton

Congratulations on your beautiful racer. It looks great.
Could you post a picture that shows the roll cage? And would you happen to know the total weight of the car?

Thanks.

John

Allen, great to see you hanging around over hear. The Red is 2007 Ford Torch red. The white is wimbeldon white with a 50% reduction in the "Yellow" color. I didn't want the real creamy white, just a little creamy. My webers are much more driveable, easier to start and tune the my holley's ever were. Don't believe the bad rap they get. Once you understand them, they are very simple. Nothing pulls of the line like individual runner setups!

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Allen, great to see you hanging around over hear. The Red is 2007 Ford Torch red. The white is wimbeldon white with a 50% reduction in the "Yellow" color. I didn't want the real creamy white, just a little creamy. My webers are much more driveable, easier to start and tune the my holley's ever were. Don't believe the bad rap they get. Once you understand them, they are very simple. Nothing pulls of the line like individual runner setups!

They are sweet until something gets f'd up. Tonight I was leaving work and it was running like a plug or two was getting loaded up. Turnd around and went back to the parking garage because it wasn't cleaning up after a block or two. What the hell? Turn off the car and look down into the carbs because I smell gas... wholly crap, one of my carbs has an inch of fuel sitting in both barrels. Son of bleep! Take the top off the carb and the there's far too much fuel in the bowl and the float is floating, so the tang must have bent somehow. I had the adjuster tool I made in my tool box, and adjusted it again. Started her up and was running fine, but a little blue smoke coming from that side of the motor. Great! I drove home and things seemed ok by the time I got home, but I can only guess how much damage I did to the cylinder walls. When I got to work this morning it was running perfect and I turned off the pump before I stopped the motor...My only guess is that when the bowl filled again, the valve stuck and the force of the float trying to float bent the tang. That's my only guess. Anyways, I love the webers and hate the webers.

By the way, your RCR looks awesome! Stunning!

Dean, Thanks. I have been contemplating doing the webers or a variant of them in injected form.

The car looks great in race trim. I'm a big fan of the race theme.

BigB98 - That is a bummer. You may want to get the oil changed if it poured a bunch down the cylinders.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the updates on Console and latches Dean - The guys are right, you've raised the bar! :)

I really don't want to take this thread into Weberland. However, I think your problem is easily fixed if you want to PM me. I would be happy to help or at least offer an opinion on why that happened to you.

Thanks again for all the complements on the car. I am going to add the team stipes over the fender and the canards this weekend.

Red_GT40.jpg

Back