What is the aero of the slc coupe?

The main reason I'm asking is I plan on building my SLC for the Texas mile event and want to know what kind of power would be needed to get up to 215-220mph in the mile. Thanks in advance!

Fran noted over on my thead that you would be safe with 650hp to get to that speed but it depends on how agressive you tune the spoilers.

Based upon my calculations....which figure in the cd of the SLC, drive train friction losses, the expected air temps and density of the air at mid-day on the big day, etc, you'll need somewhere between a shit load and a f-load of hp and torque.

I saw Fran's reply to your question, but I don't think he was saying that it would get to 200 in the standing mile with 650 hp.

I'm thinking the same thing as you cliff. At least 1000-1100 rwhp to get there, but I'd like to know ahead of time so I know which turbos I need to go with.

Eric,

It seems that you are in "uncharted areas" of SLC building when it comes to getting the car to those speeds. That said, what if it took 900 HP and you built to 1100 HP? You'd just have "reserve HP".....:thumbsup:

Based upon my calculations....which figure in the cd of the SLC, drive train friction losses, the expected air temps and density of the air at mid-day on the big day, etc, you'll need somewhere between a shit load and a f-load of hp and torque.

Where did you find the CoD and Frontal Area?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
James, I see you have been around for a while....if you read the forum much, you'll realize Cliff is one of the more humorous members here.

Actually, according to my calculations (which also include the phase of the moon and the tide charts), a butt-load of HP and TQ ought to be enough, no need to go for the mondo block build that would be needed to yield a shit-load, nor for the expensive power adders that would be necessary for an f-load.

Cheers!

Doug

Hmmmm. My calcs also show that you'll also need to multiply by $ and subtract S(pouse).

Eric,

It seems that you are in "uncharted areas" of SLC building when it comes to getting the car to those speeds. That said, what if it took 900 HP and you built to 1100 HP? You'd just have "reserve HP".....:thumbsup:

Sounds like I am. I guess you are right. I was hoping at least someone had tried to see what the aero of these cars were. I really want to show those ford gt's and lambos what's up at the mile in a few years. By then everyone will be going over 250 easily. I really do hope they smooth the track out before I get back. They think is no fun at high speeds

Back