What I've been up to...

Chris Kouba

Supporter
...since the first Mustang was "finished". The GT budget has been going somewhere else.

Before and after (guess which is which):

IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg
IMG_0254.jpg

Pretty proud of it so far- it looks great, hasn't fallen apart and the wife LOVES it! The built-in seating is almost finished (feels like it'll never end), still need to do the tile backsplash, crown moulding, finished end plates for the cabinets, final patching and painting. I'm sure there's more but ignorance is bliss right now, I've been at it since the first week of Feb, including ~4wks with my dad out here, and spring is here at this point. The "during" was interesting- stove and fridge in the dining room, dishwashing in the bathroom. Good times!

The whole photo album

Will be back to the GT soon (I hope).

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wow.... All I see is a TWM Injection system, set of Avons and a brand new RBT!

----

Very nice and it's on my WIFE's list for me this summer... ((sigh))

I agree with the "happy wife" philosophy. Remodeled my kitchen BEFORE ordering my SL-C. Never mentioned a word...

I agree with the "happy wife" philosophy. Remodeled my kitchen BEFORE ordering my SL-C. Never mentioned a word...

You got that right Jack...

I shelled out for the house extension that my wife wanted before I got my '40 (Oh, and I got a good sized garage out of it too ;) ).

Chris that looks great and I am with everyone else in relation to the happy wife part. I am getting away with TWO (one being the SLC later this year) projects but it cost me an engagement ring :laugh: .

Well done Chris. We all have to make sacrifices in the cause of true progress. But admit it, you enjoy the attractive kitchen don't you? And the happy wife also? So you can tackle your project in a good frame of mind with plenty of credit points. Unfortunately, once a house project is completed and turns out well, the partner immediately thinks of other things that could do with a good makeover. But we can only do our best on all fronts.

Damian, I'd get seriously started on your two projects BEFORE you get to the wedding ring. Just a little tip.

Nice looking kitchen Chris. Even though I like cars as much as the next gearhead, I really like a nice house too. Good work.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I did the same thing................worked good.

Attachments

• HPIM0611.JPG
    HPIM0611.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 242
  • HPIM0853.jpg
    HPIM0853.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 263

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Damn Howard, looking GOOD!!

Thanks everyone for all the compliments, it's been a lot of work but it is gratifying to actually see something take shape- especially something that I do. That's one of the reasons I am still working on the GT... It's way more rewarding than my professional work crap and the commute is much shorter! Bethany is REALLY happy with it and yes, I am too. Besides, I get to enjoy it two-fold: 1) looks good and validates manly-ness with power tools and 2) dinners are really good now!

We've been in the house less than a year and I told her as part of the deal we'd redo everything. At this point (when the kitchen is finished) we will have achieved this. The only thing left to do is the basement but that can (read: WILL) wait.

The coolest thing is that she already does know what we should do next. We're thinking boat or RV. Either will take upkeep and such but understanding that going in, I can't complain either way. Either way is a ways off though as there's that other lonely thing (or three) in the shop that needs to be finished.

Chris

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We're thinking boat or RV.

Good solution for you... Send me the money you'd spend on a boat (believe me you'll be far happier than having all that aggravation) and rent the RV (I have some stories to tell you there also)...

Bottom line is -
You get to go back to work on your Forty that much sooner! :thumbsup:

Chris Kouba

Supporter
It's been two MORE months at this point, and while still not "finished" I am damn close. I have baseboards and switchplates to install, some tile edge caulking to finish, end panels to attach and some other random things to finish to call it done, but... It's looking good!

The latest:
IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

Will get to the 40 sometime soon(ish).

Hope you're all doing well.

Funny how these things work out....after my wife got a whole new kitchen and an extra bedroom for the kids we went to "work" in the bedroom....and ended up with twins nine months later.....now we need another bedroom....

Congrats on the home improvements - you do good work!

Funny how these things work out....after my wife got a whole new kitchen and an extra bedroom for the kids we went to "work" in the bedroom....and ended up with twins nine months later.....now we need another bedroom....

A friend was the result of a similar "problem". His parents moved to a larger house with enough bedrooms for all of the kids. On the first night in the new house, his parents decided to celebrate even though they hadn't unpacked the bedroom "supplies", nine months later ...

Back