Whatever happened GOX / Which GT40 is best?

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Tim,

One concern is one of "selling" on the forum but you guys indicate that isn't the case. I believe both of you, so no worries there.

The other issue is transparency and courtesy. Folks on the forum are certainly interested in seeing the parts and so on, but they would also like to know who or what cars they are for. Are all the posts from you, Bune, and others showing very accurate replica parts related? Are they for GOX cars in Sweden only? You indicate you have a car here in Durham NC, are the cars built in the US? Built in Durham? Or is that just one car you have here in the US? Where are the rest? And so on.

This AM my PM box was quite full with questions and comments along these lines.

Take care,
Ron

Rune

Supporter
Just to straight out things . The cars are build in Sweden 100%. But they are sold to people world wide.

czan:
The connection could be just friends from old days :)

As long as the final result will end as a perfect "clone", who cares.

Rune

As long as the final result will end as a perfect "clone", who cares.
A lot of us do actually, especially those trying to source parts.

1) there is little point in contacting different people if they are essentially all the same company,
2) not being open about who is part of this 'consortium' makes it difficult to figure out who is a supplier and who is a customer,
3) If a number of people post pictures without disclosing (2), it appears there are more manufacturers than there actually are,
4) cryptic posts with pictures and little information are an obvious attempt to both raise profile and encourage questions (and this thread is a fine example ;) )

I've made the connection between yourself and Goran, but can only speculate who favgt40 is, and have no idea who tobbe or czan are.

Thats my take on it anyway.

The parts look superb, but I still have no idea if I could buy any of them if I wanted them (and I do need some of them)...

Rune

Supporter
This has been taken far out in a orbit.
1) If people want to buy parts or cars , they contact GOX in Sweden , because that is the factory that make the parts. Everyone being on the forum for a while, should know that . I think that GOX/Goran Olsson never have advertised his parts true this forum.(I might be wrong on this if it is old enough)
2) I belive that it is not peoples business to have the right to know who owns the company. like it or not.
If someone want to know the whole ownership, contact GOX ,it is a fair question .

3) I will end my discussion about the subject here, otherwise it will continue for ever or until someone proberly have a warning .

4) And for the tread starter that want to know if GOX still are in business ? The answer is Yes !
But to get a monoqocue from there, is still a open question. There might be someone that does not longer want to be on the list for a car. You have to get in direct contact with GOX.

Regards Rune

Keith

Do you know what I miss most? Goran was always a great and enthusiastical contributor to this forum. Obviously he is a very talented engineer, then suddenly - he's gone - and now Goran seems to appear in many parts as the "we's" . Goran may not have directly advertised his stuff on this forum, but it seems that everyone else and his 2nd cousin has..

What is wrong with knowing who owns the company? It's a matter of public record in any country if it is properly constituted. What is the purpose of the "WE GT 40 Replica Company" posting here if a) they're all sold, b) if you have to ask you can't afford it, and c) It's got nothing to do with anyone anyway.

Now, there may be much lost in translation here, but this IS an enthusiasts club and sometimes our passion blinds us to what may be obvious in another language. Please enlighten us - just how many are on this particular bandwagon and who are they?...thanks. :)

PS, is there a New Zealand connection here perhaps?

Rune,
sorry if I offended you in some way, but I trully am confused.

I have contacted Goran in the past, have got on well with him, but am not in the market for a chassis from him, only parts. This includes a T44 if/when it materialises.
At the time he was unable to help me with what I needed.

Many people post build threads and its usually obvious to see who these are.
By way of example, the favgt40 post above shows a shed-load of pressings and parts, with the poster being located in NC. This adds to the confusion. If these are Gorans panels well good luck to him, but it would be handy to know given the poster is not appear to be in Sweden. Earlier in the thread 'fav' asks Ron to contact him if he is interested in a chassis, yet later on refers to Gox, and then later still says he has never and does not intend to sell parts to those on the forum. More confusion.
As it stands I don't know if favgt40 is a customer, a new chassis supplier, a parts supplier to someone such as Goran, or what.
If I don't know who is who I'll send a message to everyone who posts similar pictures trying to source parts (I often do). Many don't respond - this may be they don't get them, or don't want to deal with me, I have no idea which.

This is essentially why for the rest of us it is key to be able to distinguish between customers and supplier, and if there is a consortium, who to contact.

We have lots of posts from lots of people about what they've done, but not much in the way of who to contact to get a hold of some of it...

Sorry but that is the way I see it.
All the best with your build / business ,and sorry to the rest of you if I've bored you all rigid.
Cheers,
John.

So, lets see now - we have several individuals who are probably CIA or equivalent and have cover jobs. one - a sheet metal worker for some guy, probably in Sweden. Another guy who has a replica 40 is a talented builder and is building an exact replica from original drawings but cannot tell us to much or he might be elimenated. Then we have a young guy trying to break into the clandestine side of things as a courier operating between Norway and Sweden and last but not least we have the guy in the US who is trying to understand what all of this means, so he moved from Sweden to North Carolina and is masquerading as Lee Holman In Durham. There, I think I have it now. So nice to have the whole story at last.

There are some odd things around GOX. I contacted Goran back in 2006 and as stated previously in this thread he seems to be a good engineer with lots of motivation to realize a common dream in recreating the original GT40. This is the good part which needs being appreciated.

Now to the odd part. After having been inactive for some time I checked in on the GOX web page yesterday (27/8-09). There are a number of indications that things are not moving forward as planned at GOX, e.g. very few updates on the progress (despite some year old promises on the web), forum posts by Replika-kit buyers with seemingly motivated criticism, etc. However, this guy Bune that has posted on this forum, had an active thread on the forum on the progress with his Monocoque car and seemed to know a lot about GOX. Hence, I posted on his thread with the hope to get some updates on the Monocoque project. The question was very simple: How many Monocoques have been built and delivered and have all the parts required to build a complete MC been delivered by GOX?

I also posted another thread that a builder of a GOX Replika kit had started. This guy was very unhappy with GOX and expressed as I could understand, some warranted critique to Goran. My question to him was basically if his problems had been sorted out.

Today I find that I have been banned from the GOX forum. Obviously these two questions have to GOX been seen as provocation or off-line? This is just very odd.

After having corresponded with GOX in 2006 I did not feel comfortable enough with their answers on the MC project to motivate a SEK 80,000 (USD 10,000) down payment for having the production of a MC-kit started. My impression was that it was too early stage and that the risk of ending up with an unfinished kit would be too large. The criticism on GOX builders forum describes this issue and paired with the slow progress on project, answers given by GOX in their own forum and Bune's in this thread and yesterdays more than odd behaviors by GOX gives me the feeling that things at GOX are not ok. Possibly Bune could straighten this out?

Ps. For everyones knowledge, I have no business relations whatsoever with GOX but would be an eager buyer if I perceived that the level of uncertainty around this project would decrease. As of today I am instead leaning towards ERA as a supplier.

Rune

Supporter
I see this is Your first post on this forum , but as You tell,You have been in contact with GOX but did not feel well with the answers from them.
You ask a simple question regarding the monocoques, how many etc.
I know how many are delivered and the status on the supplying parts . But that is just for internal use so You will not have any answer on this. It is in fact none of Your business
With Your ref. to a guy that was very unhappy with GOX, I can only say that if someone want to build a gt40 , they must be prepared that this cost some money, if You don't have the money to pay for what You want to build, than build something You can afford.

All the monocoques from first order are sold , there might be some left for the next and last order .
All the replica's have been sold .
And Gox company is up and running and is healthy.

But to You GurnWes. take a personal contact with Goran if You want to have a car . Don't take Your frustration into this forum and do lots of own indications that things in GOX are not as they should be. Based on what ?, proberly almost nothing.

The facts are some other history. We are some happy people that work alot to complete our cars . We make ALL parts our selves , and that take time. But in the end we have a superb car.

I will not in the future make comment in a forum on thing like this(as I said before) . This kind of discussions is almost everytime bad stuff, and should be taken outside the forum. But since my name was up, I felt that a answer must be done.

Regards
Rune

I see this is Your first post on this forum , but as You tell,You have been in contact with GOX but did not feel well with the answers from them.
You ask a simple question regarding the monocoques, how many etc.
I know how many are delivered and the status on the supplying parts . But that is just for internal use so You will not have any answer on this. It is in fact none of Your business
With Your ref. to a guy that was very unhappy with GOX, I can only say that if someone want to build a gt40 , they must be prepared that this cost some money, if You don't have the money to pay for what You want to build, than build something You can afford.

All the monocoques from first order are sold , there might be some left for the next and last order .
All the replica's have been sold .
And Gox company is up and running and is healthy.

But to You GurnWes. take a personal contact with Goran if You want to have a car . Don't take Your frustration into this forum and do lots of own indications that things in GOX are not as they should be. Based on what ?, proberly almost nothing.

The facts are some other history. We are some happy people that work alot to complete our cars . We make ALL parts our selves , and that take time. But in the end we have a superb car.

I will not in the future make comment in a forum on thing like this(as I said before) . This kind of discussions is almost everytime bad stuff, and should be taken outside the forum. But since my name was up, I felt that a answer must be done.

Regards
Rune

Hi Rune,

I have been in contact with Goran and I promised him not to dwell any further on this. Your answer here would have been just fine to me and you could have answered me the same in your own forum instead of banning me. I would never have posted here should that have happened. Further you use a negative tone I can't see the reason for, like: "It is in fact none of Your business" and "Don't take Your frustration into this forum". You should consider being less defensive as it will help avoiding future misunderstandings.

Best regards / Björn

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Now that the connection has been made -
Would you fellows kindly consider taking this to PM or email please...

Thank you...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Randy,
I think after what happened to RF and the people that lost money,
this thread is pertinent.
Seems to me ' Rune ' has issues he should resolve himself.

Who is he to stifle pertinent questions on here ?
It's like the 'SS' is attacking people who ask :

A: What has happened to Gox

B : Why i have been banned from a manufacturer's forum.

Isn't that what Robert Logan tried first ?

Rune, you need to chill out, unless of course you ARE a lingering remanent
of the ' Den Norske Legion ' ?

It's good to see that Gox is on stable footing. Unfortunately the statements made on the defensive appear to NOT be those officially sanctioned by Gox themselves. There may be something lost in second party comments here but telling potential customers who are about to lay down thousands of dollars(US) and would like some assurances, that "it's none of your business" is NOT the way to sell cars. I believe the advice from the Forum moderator is a good idea. A.J.

WOW,

So much has taken place since I last checked this thread. As it's initiator, I feel a little guilty. I must say, I was/am very impressed with the GOX mono chassis, and had been very interested in making a purchase.

A while back, I contacted Goran, and he responded promptly with answers to all the questions I had. At the time of my inquiry, they had only one left of the initial production run, and I don't know that they were planning a second. Two things held me back from placing an immediate order...1 my inability to bring myself to advertise my beloved Kirkham for sale, 2 I really wanted to speak with an owner/somebody not connected with GOX about the accuracy of the parts relative to an original. I love the SPF, but if I could find something even more correct (can't afford a H-M replica), then that's what I want (I'm willing to sacrifice comfort for originality). As far as I know, no GOX GT40s have ever been imported into the US.

Goran...I'll buy a car if you'll make me your exclusive north america importer. By the way, I speak Swedish..or, at least used to. Contact me, we'll workout the details.:drunk:

Tjana!! Varit lange sen...

Anyway, the going rate was 500K SEK, if I recall correctly. ~$65K US for the basics. A pretty good deal, if all is as advertised.

GOX is no more, gone with the wind.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Too much problems.

<o:p>:cry:</o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Back