Whatever happened GOX / Which GT40 is best?

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Let's not forget Mirage Automotive's contribution
They had five hand built tubs on the go the last time I looked

Attachments

• TOP VIEW.jpg
    TOP VIEW.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 696
  • REAR JIGGING.jpg
    REAR JIGGING.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 642
  • SPONSON NEARSIDE.jpg
    SPONSON NEARSIDE.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 598
  • BULKHEAD FITTING.jpg
    BULKHEAD FITTING.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 581
  • gt40 003.jpg
    gt40 003.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 610
Just to let you know we have not been sitting idle.

Attachments

• Chassis 1.jpg
    Chassis 1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 536
  • Chassis 2.jpg
    Chassis 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Chassis 3.jpg
    Chassis 3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 438
  • Chassis 4.jpg
    Chassis 4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 438
  • Chassis 5.jpg
    Chassis 5.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 453
  • Chassis 6.jpg
    Chassis 6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 440
  • Chassis 7.jpg
    Chassis 7.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 428
  • Chassis 8.jpg
    Chassis 8.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Chassis 9.jpg
    Chassis 9.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 436
  • Chassis 10.jpg
    Chassis 10.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 472
  • Chassis 11.jpg
    Chassis 11.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 374
  • Chassis 12.jpg
    Chassis 12.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 383
  • Chassis 13.jpg
    Chassis 13.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Chassis 14.jpg
    Chassis 14.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Chassis 15.jpg
    Chassis 15.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 429
  • Chassis 16.jpg
    Chassis 16.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 391
  • Chassis 17.jpg
    Chassis 17.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 353
  • Chassis 18.jpg
    Chassis 18.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 444
  • Chassis 19.jpg
    Chassis 19.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 400
  • Chassis 20.jpg
    Chassis 20.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Chassis 21.jpg
    Chassis 21.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 407
  • Chassis 22.jpg
    Chassis 22.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Chassis 23.jpg
    Chassis 23.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 440
  • Chassis 24.jpg
    Chassis 24.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 417
  • Chassis 25.jpg
    Chassis 25.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 463
  • Chassis 26.jpg
    Chassis 26.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 429
  • Chassis 27.jpg
    Chassis 27.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 444
  • Chassis 28.jpg
    Chassis 28.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 402
  • Chassis 29.jpg
    Chassis 29.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 411
  • Chassis 30.jpg
    Chassis 30.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 385
  • Chassis 31.jpg
    Chassis 31.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 419
  • Chassis 32.jpg
    Chassis 32.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Chassis 33.jpg
    Chassis 33.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 422

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Let's not forget Mirage Automotive's contribution
They had five hand built tubs on the go the last time I looked

Before placing an order, I personally believe it's a good idea to get in contact with someone who has first-hand experience with a given product and ask a few questions about their experience.

In the case of the Mirage chassis, I suggest contacting fellow forum member Charely Farley. I'm sure he'll provide you with answers to all your questions. He did for me.

Best,

T.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
T,

Thank you for your advice. Charlie Farlie is not the only one who has first-hand experience with Mirage.

I will offer that I personally have more experience as a customer with Mirage than anybody on this forum so feel free to ask me.
The chassis in the top shot is mine and two other members on this forum own a couple of the others.

FAV,

Nice work if I may say so.

Keith,

Byr the way, you are still welcome for that beer anytime, so go and have a look, Mirage are only twenty minutes away from you - near the old GTD shop. Let me know and I will also come down.

Last edited:
Just a few updates to let you know that GOX is alive and busy.

Attachments

• Fuel Tanks 1.jpg
    Fuel Tanks 1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Fuel Tanks 2.jpg
    Fuel Tanks 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 415
  • Fuel Tanks 3.jpg
    Fuel Tanks 3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 423
  • Fuel Tanks 4.jpg
    Fuel Tanks 4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 532
  • Fuel Tanks 5.jpg
    Fuel Tanks 5.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 584
Tim, Looking at a few post about GOX, it looks like he is making just thirteen chassis. Why thirteen? Traditionally
not a good luck number! Is he planning on making more after the first thirteen?

I've bought number 40 of the GOX replicas and visited göran last weekend, he's really busy but the monocoques are being built as we speak, and I know göran has the original drawing becuse i seen them.

FRPGUY
It just happend to be that was the amount of steel that was left on the roll when we got it. It is the same material that is used by Volvo and Mercedes. We are in the process of making more. Thanks

I've bought number 40 of the GOX replicas and visited göran last weekend, he's really busy but the monocoques are being built as we speak, and I know göran has the original drawing becuse i seen them.

I collected my car last weekend. Saw the drawings too; for mk1 and mk2A/B. Around 2500 pcs. Didn`t check every drawing with magnifying glass, but almost. :tongue3: It was fun...

Just a few updated photos to show what we have been up to.

Attachments

• Upper Dash.jpg
    Upper Dash.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 377
  • Alternator Bracket.jpg
    Alternator Bracket.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 403
  • Door Hinge Parts.jpg
    Door Hinge Parts.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 385
  • Door Hinge Parts 2.jpg
    Door Hinge Parts 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 401
  • Rack & Pinions with gears.jpg
    Rack & Pinions with gears.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Rear Horse Collar Parts.jpg
    Rear Horse Collar Parts.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 431
  • Rear Horse Collar.jpg
    Rear Horse Collar.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 403
  • Pedal Casting.jpg
    Pedal Casting.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 431
  • Fuel Filler Neck Parts.jpg
    Fuel Filler Neck Parts.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 400

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, while we're talking about we(s) maybe a post is in order about transparency and vendors. I have generally found that when the term "we" is used in a post it indicates a company or individual that is using the forum to make folks aware of what they sell/do/offer.

To quote from this thread:
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/site-que...859-supporting-vendors-users-forum-rules.html

I’ve already had questions from people such as “How do I know if I should be in the class of “Supporting Vendors” on the site?

Well, if your posts contain text similar to:
  • “We/I offer….”
  • “We/I are proud to announce….”
  • “Have a look at what we do….”
  • “We/I can manufacture….”
  • "We've done...."
then you most certainly sell wares or services and you need to be a GT40s.com Vendor to continue posting. Or, if most of your posts are to make users aware of things you offer, then you probably need to be a Supporting Vendor. Or, if your signature carries a by line on a company offering GT40 related services or products, then you need to be a Vendor.

To be clear, if you are offering wares or services on GT40s.com then you need to become some sort of Vendor on the site. I’ll provide a warning to you after your advertising posts are made. If you do not respond then I will delete your posts advertising wares, services, or products. Continued abuse of the forum will result in your ID and posts being deleted entirely. It is simply not fair to the current Supporting Vendors that help support the site that some people continue to “sell” on the site but don’t support it in an official capacity.

Rune

Supporter
I do not think that theese parts or any part from the monoqocue production at GOX will be sold, they are parts to already sold cars so this is the last cars ever to be build from this drawings. The pictures only pop up to show that some entusiastic people have done a huge job to rebuild 100% copies of a gt40 mkI and II from 1965/6.

I belive that "we" here just indicate that more than one person work in the project that is not limited to Sweden only.
It is not a must for "us" to show all theese pictures, but feedback to me is that people want to see the progress in this unike project.
Some other people around the world build monoqocues and they are in respect very good in what they are doing, but I think the unike is that Gox are the only one that have all 2600 and some original drawings and can make the exact copy.
Therefore for my own work together with GOX, I will continue to show all part we make all the way to a complete car. To rebuild a original copy must be in the spirit of this forum. Or am I wrong?

Rune

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Bune,

you are correct. But folks on the forum would certainly like to know who is "we". If that isn't something you wish to be known then maybe favgt40 should not continue the postings. One of the reasons the forum exists is to have transparency in the GT40 community. PM sent to you regarding my post.

Thanks,
Ron

Ron, one of the other we's is me. I sent you a message yesterday about the coat, but you must not have received it. One of your close friends came by the house to look at my car but we missed each other. I was just posting some photos since someone on the forum asked the question "Whatever happened to GOX?" and I was responding to the question. If you feel that I am selling something on the forum, I can rest assure you that I have never sold a part that I can recall to anyone through your forum, nor do I intend to. If you would like to come by and visit me, I would be more than happy to have you as a guest. I think you live fairly close to me, since I live in Durham. Please feel free to call any time, and if I am not home, you can leave a message, and I will call you back. Thanks, Tim

Back