Which Manufacturers will be at Carlisle?

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I would like to know which manufacturers (or owners) will have cars at Carlisle this year. I am still in the pre-purchase stage, and would like the opportunity to see and compare – preferably without having to fly all over the world.

Thanks,

Ron,
670hp ?!?!?

I'd be interested to hear just how you've got up to that figure.
I'm not suggesting for one minute your car doesn't make that much. I don't know much about the various options for these engines you see, so am keen to hear what others have had done in order to get the figures.

For example, what's special about yates heads ?

Cheers,
John.
p.s. appologies for taking this thread slightly off topic. Might be worth mailing me instead...

Mark

ERA is always there with Cobras and a GT40.
Last year Hersh had an RF, but better check with him.
It's a long trip from AZ....he may not plan to do it again.
There were also a couple CAVs as I recall.
I know Fran Hall plans to bring a roller to Carlisle.
Don't know about anyone else.

MikeD

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Ron,
670hp ?!?!?

I'd be interested to hear just how you've got up to that figure.
I'm not suggesting for one minute your car doesn't make that much. I don't know much about the various options for these engines you see, so am keen to hear what others have had done in order to get the figures.

For example, what's special about yates heads ?

Cheers,
John.
p.s. appologies for taking this thread slightly off topic. Might be worth mailing me instead...

[/ QUOTE ]

John,
The engine is not a Cleveland as the quote onder the pic says.It is a 9.2"deck SVO Block,Bryant crank,Carillo rod Ross piston,.680"lift solid roller cammed dry-sump engine.
It was originally built by Robert Yates Racing for a Winston Cup team.My engine builder(MME in southern Md) lowered the compression,reworked the Yates C3 heads added lower ratio T&D shaft rockers and supplied the custom roller camshaft.It runs on pump gas,revs to 8500 RPM,never over heats and made 657 hp at the flywheel.The Yates heads have raised intake and exhaust ports and a unique combustion chamber design all designed to make tons of power.If any of you GT40 owners in the Maryland area want to trade a ride when the weather breaks,let me know .I would be happy to help.I have yet to even ride in a GT40.
Later,
Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I'm looking forward to seeing the beast!

Mike, thanks for the info. I hope I hear from some others as well. When is your 40 going to be completed? Are you actually building two cars at once? Gives a guy hope if you are!

Hey Ron: That is impressive power. Would you consider selling the Pantera ? I did consider buying an original a few years back. It had 70K miles on it with the original mesh wheels. I really liked the look of the Mark 5 body kits. I'm not really up on the Pantera, just curious. I have an all aluminum SV 351 stroker (422) with 12.8/1. Brodix heads,J&E pistons, rollers,etc. Computer says 640 H.P. Plan on using it in a one off track version GT40.
Are you planning a trip to Carlisle this year? I plan on attending. I'll look you up if you are there.
Regards,
Jerry

Ron McCall

Supporter
Jerry,
I would consider selling it (for the right price) but I really love it and want to keep it .The only car in the world I like better than my Pantera is a GT-40.The car is an absolute blast to drive .I will definately be at Carlisle.I only live an hour south of there.What day or days does everyone plan to go? I usually end up going on Sunday and half of the people are gone.I plan to be there atleast on Saturday if not both days.I talked to a guy last year (I think he was from New York) that had a CAV car there .Was that anyone here?
We should pick a spot ,day and time and all meet up somewhere.
Later,
Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jerry,
Saturday sounds good to me. Having never been there, I'll leave the where up to you. Please don't sell it until AFTER Carlisle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jerry, (It's Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )
. Please don't sell it until AFTER Carlisle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to worry about that!
Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I hear from Hershal that an early RF 40 turnkey minus car will be there. (Again, sorry about the mis-type Ron).

I'll be there, I'm always there.

MVC-230F.JPG

Archie

Back