Whitch is better, Real or Replica ?

[ QUOTE ]
...There is no substitute for the real thing...I'm glad there is people out there like Jim who drive thier car cars in traffic and share ideas and experiences. Most people in his position do not...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I was thinking. Great minds must think alike. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll never be able to afford a real one and as such love hearing of other people experiences with them. Keep those posts rolling in Jim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, if it wasn't for people like Dennis Bedford(DRB himself), I expect I would never have been able to own a GT40 replica. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

"Real" is like dating a celebrity, "Replica" is like dating the girl next door...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For those of you in Canada J6 and 0846 will be at the Canadian International Auto Show in Feb. After a spring blast or two we're going to take her off the road and take her apart for her 25,000 mile service. I'll take plenty of pics.
Best

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Interesting question; like most of us, I couldn't afford a real GT40, so building one which was as close to original as I could get was the best I could do. What I COULD have afforded for about the same $$$ would have been a real 289 Cobra (keep in mind I started three or four years ago). Sometimes I think I made the wrong decision, actually- the labor and expense have been huge and nothing has rolled yet, although maybe in a few months...honestly I think the real thing is better but most of us can't afford it.
Another interesting point is this...classic motorcycles are far less expensive than classic cars, so many more of us can afford them. Despite that, and my love of vintage items, I ride "Americanized" British bikes from the 70s and 80s with amenities like left shift, electric start, etc. They're not as pure as say, a 1970 Triumph Bonneville, but they are more reliable and more comfortable, and easier to keep going. Does any of this sound familiar....

[ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with dating the girl next door, just depends what she looks like...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, in fact, considering how much plastic surgery celebs get these days, what's "fake" and what's "real"...?

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

p.s. Thanks for the reminder, Jim, regarding the Toronto show

Rick
J6 getting ready for CIAS.

Attachments

• 51181-IMG_0047(2).JPG
    51181-IMG_0047(2).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 236
[ QUOTE ]
I think that there is no correct answer to the question. Just a subjective opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i was trying to say

Hay MK -IV J6 i like the colours on ya Mk 4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ha ha i bet he did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, its an original isnt it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

well i could never afford a real one and i can use almost any chassis like the c6 vett that will work

Back