Who makes the better kit???

Best kit

this is a tough one to stay out of, I have had my CAV for 2 years and the car has held up really well. It is a great design and the build quality is excellent. I have also worked on Roy Sayles new CAV demonstrator, many improvements, dropped floor, Gurney bubble, way better seats, Wilwood brakes and Smith's gauges and a host of improvements like beefier front and rear uprights, fully adjustable suspension, better pedals, on and on. If you want to drive soon and spend your time and money on perfecting the driveline(and not have to build an entire car) a turn key minus is hard to beat. IMHO

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ron Earp said:
Perfect Mike! Thanks for asking.

You can't get his profile because he has no Avatar to click on, and, he has not set a Display Name, as shown here:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161921#post161921

Perfect example of what I was trying to explain in the thread in action - no Display Name and no Avatar makes it hard for anyone to contact you.

Ron

Hi Ron, appropriately chastised here! Avatar and display name added pronto as you suggest. Thanks.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
561234 said:
this is a tough one to stay out of, I have had my CAV for 2 years and the car has held up really well. It is a great design and the build quality is excellent. I have also worked on Roy Sayles new CAV demonstrator, many improvements, dropped floor, Gurney bubble, way better seats, Wilwood brakes and Smith's gauges and a host of improvements like beefier front and rear uprights, fully adjustable suspension, better pedals, on and on. If you want to drive soon and spend your time and money on perfecting the driveline(and not have to build an entire car) a turn key minus is hard to beat. IMHO

Thanks David, great information. I'm leaning towards a newer CAV for all the reasons you mention. Monocoque/semi-monocoque chasis in aluminum is important for me and also good brakes and suspension. Engine is no big deal, as in, I don't really care what the car comes with, if it's not good I'll replace/rebuild. ZF or G50 are both great and fine. Not a fan of renault transmissions. Thanks again!

Hi Cliff,
You may find it worthwhile to take a look at the new roaring forties kit, it was one of the best kits around, so now under new ownership and a few improvements planned, should be even better than it was before!
jerry.

I agree Jerry, this would be well worth some time considering. The RF has had A LOT OF TIME and effort put into it. Aluminium monocoque is what I would build from scratch if racing, however for predominantly road use with fun track then steel spaceframe makes sense to me. Jerry, I think you'll like the Southern GT.
At the end of the day (apart from being 23:59) it's a very personal decision and rightly so, makes it all so much more interesting.

CliffBeer said:
OK, I suspect this has been debated before but I couldn't find the posts - basically, who makes the best GT40 kit? CAV? GTD? RCR? KVA?

Further, of the rest, what is the perceived pecking order as to quality?

Newbie here, so, please excuse the basic question. Thanks in advance.
Cliff, Please call me with your fax number, and address i will send you some CAV pricing and photos. Also i have just this week put more info on my web site. www.vipclassics.com. 619 708 3180. Cheers Roy Sayles.

Back