Widest wheel?

How wide a wheel are you running? Getting some things lined out for the fastest slc in the world project :thumbsup: Trying to figure out how much body work I'm going to need to try and fit a 15" wide tire in the back.

Side note: Nelson racing engines is already on board with this project. Will be running a 572 ci TT motor making 2500 hp. :stunned: I'm either going to die or set a lot of records lol

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
This will be interesting.
What sort of transaxle will you have to put up with that HP and torque?

And drive shafts

And hubs

And......

Some of the lambo's are knocking on, if not already there, in that hp range. Just have to build up the Graziano abit. Not having awd would be a touch less stress at launch, but it would equal out once you were at speed and pulling through the top gears.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
They need more than a little massaging at that power level to be reliable.
The Ford GT that setting the records has a billet trans case.

^ sounds expensive!

So has an order been placed for a car, or still just planning stage. I ask since worrying about a little fender fiberglass work (but you can still probably fit a 15" tire anyways) when the basic drivetrain itself will crest $100,000, seems like a small item.

How wide a wheel are you running? Getting some things lined out for the fastest slc in the world project :thumbsup: Trying to figure out how much body work I'm going to need to try and fit a 15" wide tire in the back.

Side note: Nelson racing engines is already on board with this project. Will be running a 572 ci TT motor making 2500 hp. :stunned: I'm either going to die or set a lot of records lol

My kind of lunatic.

I'm guessing LMP1 race rubber is the only thing in that size that would stand up to those numbers. I can pull a couple of extra rear fenders out of my molds, they will cover "wimpy" 15 inch rubber for sure :) Send me a PM for details.

Look forward to seeing this thing develop.

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply fellas. I had also spoken with Nelson racing about the transaxle needed to handle the power. I believe Weismann was his answer as well but stated 25k. Honestly 25-50k doesn't matter. Not try to sound like a douche, but I've sunk 260k into the lambo not counting cost of the car. So 50k motor and 50k trans seems cheap to me now. My senses have been greatly warped by that car. smh I could stay with a lambo transaxle. We have air shifted senquential ones holding 2000-25000 hp. But again they're more expensive than what Fran stated.

Scott, still planning. Making sure everything is going to line out before placing the order. Motor and drivetrain covered. Now concerned about traction. Then will worry about fitting in the car itself (will go see Fran in person as I'm 6'5").

Mesa you're about to have a PM

There have probably been updates with this project (or the idea has been terminated), but you'll have a hell of a hard time hooking up that kind of power. Traction control will obviously be a must. At 6' 5", you will not fit in an SL-C with a helmet on without major fitting. You might end up requiring a "bubble" on the roof/door.

Back