Will There Be a Paddock on the New GT40s.com?

Ron Earp

Admin
It’s evident in that you allow a couple of very decisive individuals to day in and day out trash people and perspectives you disagree with.

Oh no sir, that is not correct. You'll find I have not been antagonistic toward the various personalities in the paddock. I've never banned anyone for their behavior in the paddock, postings, or opinions. I've banned plenty of folks on the main forum for breaking various rules but as far as I'm concerned there aren't any rules in the Paddock.

That said, my focus of posting here in the Paddock is trying to determine if we'll have one or not. Right now my current feelings are that if we do have one it'll be password protected/restricted access.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

(Gulp)...Uh...meanwhile...back at the ranch...Larry L. has chosen to take up residence in his bunker...................:lipsrsealed:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed Ron you have never intervened. Your chief admin on the other hand stood by for months while people who share a different political perspective were disparaged in every lowbrow and profane manner possible. He took no action until someone started to give them a little static back. At that point the threats of being banned and suggestions to not let the door hit them on the ass ensued. Your forum and you can do what you want but let’s not kid ourselves as to what really happened here.

PS I don’t believe you regarding GT40 ownership and most active antagonizers. I’ll bet you a dime to a donut I can name the most active users on this site and I know they have zero interest in GT40s. They are here for one reason only. To pick fights and argue over politics, guns, and religion.

Ron Earp

Admin
PS I don’t believe you regarding GT40 ownership and most active antagonizers. I’ll bet you a dime to a donut I can name the most active users on this site and I know they have zero interest in GT40s. They are here for one reason only. To pick fights and argue over politics, guns, and religion.

I really didn't expect you to believe me Mike. But, you can see for yourself. On the menu under the gallery Click Community, Members List, then sort by post count.

All those folks on the page (except GT40s Bot, that guy is a tool) have had GT40s or have one now. Self included but that's another long story that happened years before you came to the site. Most everyone on the list is still active today and some have been here since the beginning of the site in 2001.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 258

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Sure Ron that is over the lifetime of the forum. This place was very different when I joined 7 years ago. Other than the occasional whacky post by you know who, people were here to discuss and even argue over cars. The truth is since Trump was elected this forum and the paddock discussions have become a home for some of the most vile and personal attack’s out there. Anyone can go read the dozens of pages of it and most already know what I am saying to be true. There’s about a half dozen people on her today that are here for one reason... to argue politics and attack and name call those they disagree with. It became so bad that Randy shut it down and sent me a note stating he had done so and to please come back. Why you would consider bringing it back is an absolute head scratcher.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Below is EXACTLY what I said to you Mike (note that this was a PM just to inform you, not to plead for your return). And it was not in reference to your vitriol in the Paddock’s Politics and Guns threads. Rather the types of threads you participated in before you got involved with those threads. Threads like those you shared with pictures and video from GT40 drives, ski trips etc. Your contributions there were enjoyed. Your continued bantering in the restricted threads like Politics and Guns as well as your threats and divisive comments were more destructive than constructive..
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Mike,

I hope you are well and enjoying springtime!

Your contributions to the forums have been missed...
I finally threw in the towel on the Paddock’s Politics and Guns threads as I just could not keep a few people from going after each other in personal attacks... As usual, a few bad apples seemed to spoil the fun for everyone.

Those threads may come back some day after we implement the new software and have the ability to lock things down better and by subscription.

Meanwhile I thought I would let you know where we stand.

Randy

Now - please try and salvage what little respect people may still have for you here. Just stop.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Your insults don't change the facts Randy. There are plenty of members here who I have remained in contact with that have expressed the same observations that I have. You as the lead moderator protect those with whom you side with politically and target those with whom you disagree with politically. This forum is a great reflection now of the divide in this country. Half the people here can't stand the other half and vice versa. It never had to be that way. Nice job!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I really didn't expect you to believe me Mike. But, you can see for yourself. On the menu under the gallery Click Community, Members List, then sort by post count.

All those folks on the page (except GT40s Bot, that guy is a tool) have had GT40s or have one now. Self included but that's another long story that happened years before you came to the site. Most everyone on the list is still active today and some have been here since the beginning of the site in 2001.

Wow Ron, I joined two days after you did?

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, I suppose that's true! Remember, we first had the forum for about, I don't know, maybe six months on a "free to use" server software and host. A very early version of forum software that resembled old school dial up BBSes. Good times. But, since since I don't have a GT40 now I've got no business operating the forum. Bigly sad. :sad:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
When someone signs up to participate on this forum which is called GT40s, they should do so because they have interest in sharing a passion for GT40s with other who have the same passion. When people are allowed to be here for no other reason than to troll others over politics, guns, and religion, the forum is broken.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ron...…………..You are playing tennis with a guy who will hit it out of bounds every time just to see you go and fetch it...……….

Your friend, Howard

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
An interesting analogy Howard. I’m struck that when people respond, they never challenge the factual basis of my assertions? Does political bashing and name calling make this a better forum? Was the most active thread on this site over the last 18 months until it was closed, nothing but name calling and political tripe? When forum leadership and a small but vocal group answer yes to those questions, the writing is on the wall and I’ll be moving on. I truly love the GT40 mark and maybe one day will start a new GT40 forum where everyone leaves the divisive stuff at the door and the most controversial topic will be over the best motor oil.

and the most controversial topic will be over the best motor oil.

Well, that's easy. Joe Gibbs Conventional Hot Rod oil, of course. :thumbsup:

And for the record, I enjoy reading other parts of this site. As I've said previously several times, I almost purchased a red SPF GT40 replica roller before buying my Cobra and I still may purchase one someday, though unlikely, However, I do enjoy reading about them here and in my SAAC Registry.

Ron Earp

Admin
I’ll be moving on. I truly love the GT40 mark and maybe one day will start a new GT40 forum where everyone leaves the divisive stuff at the door and the most controversial topic will be over the best motor oil.

Why do you continue to make most of your posts in the paddock? You've said your piece now move on. When you start your new forum I highly recommend not using vBulletin software as the base.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Agreed Ron you have never intervened. Your chief admin on the other hand stood by for months while people who share a different political perspective were disparaged in every lowbrow and profane manner possible. He took no action until someone started to give them a little static back. At that point the threats of being banned and suggestions to not let the door hit them on the ass ensued. Your forum and you can do what you want but let’s not kid ourselves as to what really happened here.

Wait, what? Let's get a few things straight.

1. I've been here since 2005 or something? I originally came because it was Ron's board, Ron is my friend, and I knew some of the guys here -- Fran, Malcolm, a few others. Most of my posts, all of them, were about car stuff, usually asking about Esprit related things or Rover V8s.

2. I stumbled into the Paddock one night. at the time it was mostly a clubby spot for the UK guys -- Keith, Mark, Ian, Pete the Aussie, a few others. While those guys "leaned" conservative the politics weren't in your face or terrible and for the most part everyone got along.

3. The place went down hill when Bob Fechter and Al started in with the obnoxious right wing American stuff. Even then we used to have pretty reasonable discussions, Nick, myself, Veek, Pete, a few others.

4. You and a few others jumped in and the vitriol level went through the roof.

5. You think Randy is biased in favor of ME? And ROD? I generally respect Randy but we agree very little on things political. The fact you aren't aware of that is pretty eye opening.

I posted in the paddock primarily because I didn't want people from all over the world to think that only one view point was represented here. I posted less as some of the other folks -- Nick, Doug, etc. -- posted more from a centrist or left viewpoint.

Political forums on car boards are, in my view, generally bad. Most are right wing circle jerks. We are better off just talking about our common interests -- cars -- than the things that divide us.

Lighten, don't take things so personally, and enjoy the forum.

Steve

Supporter
What Walt said....

Jeff, you have been a major contributor to the vitriol. Jumping on Mike is the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm OK with whatever Ron/Randy decide. I do think a separate politics and guns thread is necessary and maybe that's the only part that is password protected. I'd hate to have the jokes password protected. British humor (humour?) makes me laugh my ass off. Some days I really need that.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Damn right and I never said I was a 'nice guy" here. I've had some shitty things said to me, and I've dished out some nasty truth.

Most of what I'm talking about occurred long before Walt showed up - and Walt's said plenty of nasty shit himself. You too Jammer.

No one is clean so don't act like you are. I admit I'm not.

But Mike has been one of the worst and he has ZERO perspective on this. He literally thinks Randy is some sort of cahoots with me and Ron and others to persecute him. What a nut.

It's time for the politics here to END. We can't handle it. And no, it's not just me.

Steve

Supporter
Jeff, your assessment of Mike is your opinion. Classifying him as the "worst" is a judgement call. Your cursing is second to none and your name calling and condescension ranks with the best (the name is Steve btw)

And no, you did come off acting like you're not a problem:

"3. The place went down hill when Bob Fechter and Al started in with the obnoxious right wing American stuff. Even then we used to have pretty reasonable discussions, Nick, myself, Veek, Pete, a few others."

The implication is that Bob, Al and Mike are the reason the Paddock has been a cesspool and that you had "reasonable" discussions. That's simply false.

I have poked the hornet's nest to be sure, but you've elevated it to an art.

My last comments on this. I'm confident your self control won't let it be yours

Back