Windscreens

I have produced a new batch of E marked screens. They are being shipped to me week commencing 29th March. Price £180.00 The picture is of the prototype we ran to check the fit

Attachments

• 33854-gtdscre.JPG
    33854-gtdscre.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 388
Hi Chris,
I am not sure as I haven't tried one in a tornado but it would be interesting to find out.
Where are you located?

CHRIS is your tornado due in three weeks or is deliver due in the weeks barry i think is still waiting for his approx 8 weeks late
roy if your screen fits the tornado i would like one mines not due until august (october/november)

Hi Roy,

No I have bought a un started project from a guy in Devon, I have to wait until my TVR has gone before I can pick it up, by un started project all that has been done is the panels have been fitted to the chassis and some of the body work has been rubbed down, cannot wait to pick it up.

Chris.

Roy
If it fits the Tornado put me down for one, great price any chance of a tinted screen at a later date, or am I asking to much. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Roy,
is the screen tinted, looks that way, or are my eyes getting worse in my old age?
Will it fit a KVA? Sorry if thats been answered already.
Cheers
Murray

Hi Ian and Murray,
the screens aren't tinted yet but I will look into that for the next batch, If I can try one in a Tornado and it fits then you are welcome to one, the prototype was tried in a KVA before the tooling was final adjusted, it needed modifying which is now done so the new batch should fit but we will have to try in the KVA again and will confirm when that is done, it was designed to fit both GTD and KVA

Just to add, these screens are made by a top manufacturer and are laser checked , laser trimmed, and of the highest quality, may be able to offer at a better price once they arrive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hi
I haved a KVA and I purchased a front screen from GTD a couple of years back. It fitted OK without too many mods.
Just for your info on interchanging.

Regards

Dave Tickle

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Roy,
I sourced a Tornado windscreen for my GTD last year.
The fit is not ideal - it required rather too much sealant to fill the mis-match in curvature.
Therefore, I would suggest that your GTD windscreen will probably suffer similar problems on a Tornado.
Regards.
Jim

Hi David,
will try to accommodate your request.

JimP, thanks for the reply, I suppose we should make tooling to fit the Tornado now?

Roy
Will your windscreens fit an original tub? Also, what is the glass thickness, and are they available with a black surround to cover the adhesive?
Many thanks.
Jo

Back