World CUP 2014, Enter,,Axis Of Evil

Infidels, this tread is about Football (Soccer to knucklehead Americans).
We welcome real fans,,to comment or bring in their usual venom as they see fit.

Iron Sheiks, favorite team, IRAN, representing AXIS OF EVIL has qualified (top of the group) for World Cup 2014. We beat South Koreans, TWO TIMES to lead the group. Unfortunately the other members of the Axis of Evil (Iraq and North Korea) did not make it,,,,Thanks to lecherous Aussie dogs.

Asia Group A
1 Iran (representing the Axis)
2-South Korea
3- To be determined (Possibly Uzbekistan)
4- Lebanon (did not make it,,,players probably recruited by Hezbollah)
5- Qatar (did not make it,,,could not BUY European players and give them Qatari citizenship).

Tell us about your favorite and hated teams and it's position in the group

Brilliant post Mr. Iron Sheik....had me laughing....hard. My favorite team is England so please have pity on me. They're a group of over hyped, high paid, arrogant bastards who have left me crying many a time because I bought into the hype and expected so much more then they could deliver. But as I've aged I've learned. Expect nothing from England and take anything past the second round of whatever tournament they're in with gratitude. Qualifying for the 2014 Cup is still in question, which frankly is nothing new to the England squad as they always manage to put their fans through hell before just nipping in at the end. England players must love suspense because they always take the tough road and given the level of pay of most, if not all of them, should never happen especially when many of the teams they play in the qualifying rounds make far less. Hell, Rooney's salary alone probably equals the entire team of some of those they play. Shameful. But I remain a fan in hopes they will do as the Greeks did some years back in the European Finals and just come together as a unit and make a miracle happen. As far as hated teams.....hate is a strong word but I love seeing England beat the Germans and of course the Argentinians for obvious reasons.

In the current qualifying round....England control their own destiny which means trouble for all their fans. I wait on pins and needles.....again.

Keith

Infidels, this tread is about Football (Soccer to knucklehead Americans).
We welcome real fans,,to comment or bring in their usual venom as they see fit.

Iron Sheiks, favorite team, IRAN, representing AXIS OF EVIL has qualified (top of the group) for World Cup 2014. We beat South Koreans, TWO TIMES to lead the group. Unfortunately the other members of the Axis of Evil (Iraq and North Korea) did not make it,,,,Thanks to lecherous Aussie dogs.

Asia Group A
1 Iran (representing the Axis)
2-South Korea
3- To be determined (Possibly Uzbekistan)
4- Lebanon (did not make it,,,players probably recruited by Hezbollah)
5- Qatar (did not make it,,,could not BUY European players and give them Qatari citizenship).

Tell us about your favorite and hated teams and it's position in the group

If the Referee doesn't get beheaded and the South Korean Team survive the landing, then I tip them, as long as they don't show the wrong flag at the stadium. They really don't like that... :shifty:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I am of course in love with the team of lecherous Aussie dogs. Football as you know it and soccer as we know it is only played in Australia by limp wristed nancy boys, mostly from the western suburbs of Sydney. And whose names end mostly with opolous
And without exception the only ones with facial hair are their mothers.
In Oz real men play Aussies rules a contact sport, without the padding and helmets those poofy American's wear.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5hNY83UA4[/ame].

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
I am of course in love with the team of lecherous Aussie dogs. Of course football as you know it and soccer as we know it is only played in Australia by limp wristed nancy boys, mostly from the western suburbs of Sydney. And whose names end mostly with opolous
And without exception the only ones with facial hair are their mothers.
In Oz real men play Aussies rules a contact sport, without the padding and helmets those poofy American's wear.

YouTube.

"opolous"?? Wow, didn't realize there was a Greek population down under. Yeah, may grandfather's name was Socrates Demetrios Meletiou. Not a very Greek name. In the US, everyone called him Harry (spelling debatable). His head was completely bald... Thank God I didn't inherit those traits. Wifey said it would've been a dealbreaker.

Gotta admit, Aussie rules football seems brutal. That being said, you probably haven't seen an American football player up close. They may not appear that big on the tellie but when you see a defensive end that is 6'6" and nearly 300 pounds who can run a 4.5sec 40meter dash bearing down on you, you wouldn't live to see tomorrow without pads. If an Aussie football player took a hit from a guy like that he'd either be paralyzed from the neck down or DOA to the ER.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I read somewhere that Melbourne has the largest population of Greeks out side of the Greek Isles. We are a true Multi Cultural society with people from all parts of the globe. The main benefit I find is the variety of cuisine found in our many different styles of Restaurant.

Your average over grown steroid ridden Gridiron Player would be scratching his head and mumbling which way did he go Bubba?
If ever he tried to tackle even an amateur league Aussie rules player;)

Your average over grown steroid ridden Gridiron Player would be scratching his head and mumbling which way did he go Bubba?

So TRUE,,,when it comes to NFL or baseball,,,the "S" in USA stands for Steroids.

BUT,,,,,what does Rugby or American Football has to do with this tread??!!:shout:

Get with the tread

Steve

Supporter
So TRUE,,,when it comes to NFL or baseball,,,the "S" in USA stands for Steroids.

BUT,,,,,what does Rugby or American Football has to do with this tread??!!:shout:

Get with the tread

Yeah, no argument on the steroids. Pretty shameful but I think it's pervasive in more international sports than you can shake a stick at, including soccer and aussie football. Golf on the other hand..........not likely.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
No they are tough.
Sorry for the thread drift sheik. Though not really a drift I was just pointing out that football
Is not our national sport. If it was we would rule the football world.

Keith

I'll go out on a limb and say my favorite soccer team is the USA. :thumbsup:

I don't really hate any teams.

When discussing football, soccer or whatever you call it, hate is a prerequisite, When playing football, so is a Bentley, tattoos, a trophy wife, children named after the location they were conceived in, a permanent room at the local Hilton, a personal supplier of Columbian Marching Powder, a High Class Hooker Directory, a VIP booth at the local disco and the phone number of the local girls school.

Oh, and the complete inability of kicking a ball into the back of a net from 10 yards unopposed.

When discussing football, soccer or whatever you call it, hate is a prerequisite, When playing football, so is a Bentley, tattoos, a trophy wife, children named after the location they were conceived in, a permanent room at the local Hilton, a personal supplier of Columbian Marching Powder, a High Class Hooker Directory, a VIP booth at the local disco and the phone number of the local girls school.

Oh, and the complete inability of kicking a ball into the back of a net from 10 yards unopposed.

...you forgot a tiny box for storing the family´s brain cell when not in use.

My eldest would be called Excelsior, the middle girl would be Five mile Beach, and the youngest Miramar.

Drunkard, are you SURE about this? I thought Guinness, Johnny Walker and Murphy would have been your natural choices.

Look, now I am “slippin”,,,,back to the beautiful game played by real Hooligans.:drunk:

When I watch the English league) play on the tube, I think wow,,how can anybody beat them. Then they play outside of UK,,,and then I wonder what the $%$% happened!

Sheik’s sentimental favorites for World cup (Not that any of them will win it) 
1- Iran (Member of Axis of Evil)
2- Brazil (attack, attack,,,,and then attack some more)
3- USA (Representing none other than THE GREAT SATAN)
4- Mexico (People with the heart of GOLD,,,and the supplier of drugs to GREAT SATAN)
5- Portugal (Iranian Head Coach is Portuguese)

The problem with the English league is they forgot the English/British players!! Some clubs (Arsenal comes to mind) have at times fielded a team with NO english players on the pitch.

As for my favorites: From the heart: 1) England, 2) anybody but Brazil, Italy, Germany or Argentina.....Holland I wouldn't mind seeing them win it finally. (great fans (most of the time!) and they can play some beautiful footie.

From the head: Brazil must be favorites, Italy, Germany the usual suspects.
Long shots Portugal, Argentina.

Keith

The problem with the English league is they forgot the English/British players!! Some clubs (Arsenal comes to mind) have at times fielded a team with NO english players on the pitch.

As for my favorites: From the heart: 1) England, 2) anybody but Brazil, Italy, Germany or Argentina.....Holland I wouldn't mind seeing them win it finally. (great fans (most of the time!) and they can play some beautiful footie.

From the head: Brazil must be favorites, Italy, Germany the usual suspects.
Long shots Portugal, Argentina.

Wow Jimmy - you nailed it! However, that is a wee bit racist. In our great multi-cultural country, popular British footballers names are now Cabdalle, Khaalid, Saliim, Chukwumereije, Mbadinuju, Winston and Jamal.

All those rubbish names like Bert, Sid and Chalky (White) are history mate.

Holland did have a fabulous win but I can't quite remember but must been '70's. Brings back memories of Johan Cruyff - the man with the most beautiful legs in football.

(Moving swiftly on now.....:shifty: )

Keith

Marcus. I hav juzt notized your avatr mein herr. Thiz lookz very much like ein Luftwaffe Gruppenfuhrer.

As we are in famous Battle of Britain period I have countered with mein Shpitfire!

Ratatatatatatat..! Take Zat you Hun !

(I think you'll agree, mein Cherman iss improved, no?)

Apologies for thread drift. I woz jusst followink orders..

Ja.

Back