YES or NO?

Its cods David. There are always going to be mistakes on hand counted ballot papers so a recount will always reveal a different figure. The chances of recount altering the outcome will be very slim, dream on desperado SNP.

Bob

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Its cods David. There are always going to be mistakes on hand counted ballot papers so a recount will always reveal a different figure. The chances of recount altering the outcome will be very slim, dream on desperado SNP.

Bob

I beg to differ on all counts, Bob.

Here in Wash. St. a few years ago, there were TWO machine vote counts that said Gov. Gregoire had lost her election bid by several hundred votes or so (whatever it was). But a 3rd, HAND COUNT said she'd won - and the election was called at that point.

And that wasn't the half of it. "Officials" found supposedly "lost" ballots (and I'm dead serious here - this DID happen) in closets, car trunks, and storage rooms that had "somehow" been overlooked" before that last recount...and, as I recall, all of these ballots were discovered AFTER the deadline for including 'em in the vote count had expired - but they were counted anyway.

Bottom line: It seems that, when necessary, the 'powers that be' will count whatever ballots they want to count no matter WHERE they find 'em, 'will count them however they want, whenever they want, and as many times as they deem necessary until they manage to come up with the result they want.

Govt makes used car salesmen look like Mother Teresa.

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Bottom line: It seems that, when necessary, the 'powers that be' will count whatever ballots they want to count no matter WHERE they find 'em, 'will count them however they want, whenever they want, and as many times as they deem necessary until they manage to come up with the result they want.

Govt makes used car salesmen look like Mother Teresa.

This can be evidenced no better than by reviewing the manner in which Gee-Dub's election was engineered (IMHO) by his brother, the reigning Governor of Florida. "Hanging Chads" were interpreted as votes for Gee-Dub, in many cases, when they could not determine for whom the party intended to vote.

Governor Bush got the result he wanted....just as you stated, Larry!

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
This can be evidenced no better than by reviewing the manner in which Gee-Dub's election was engineered (IMHO) by his brother, the reigning Governor of Florida. "Hanging Chads" were interpreted as votes for Gee-Dub, in many cases, when they could not determine for whom the party intended to vote.

Governor Bush got the result he wanted....just as you stated, Larry!

Cheers!

Doug

The diff between the Bush/Gore FloriDUH count and the Gregoire count is the fact that both machine AND hand counts consistantly said Bush won...even in the cherry picked districts Gore thought for sure would tip the scales for HIM. THAT and the fact I don't recall hundreds of ballots somehow being "discovered" juuuuuust in the nick of time in Fla. (And, again, as I recall, most of the "found" ballots in Wash. St. just happened to be from staunchly Democrat districts too [Gregoire's a Demo]!)

That Fla "hanging chad" thing was a J-O-K-E. If memory serves, the law down there says voters are to completely remove such "chads" or the vote for whatever that particular punchout represented wouldn't count at all.

But anyway, this has nothing directly to do with the OP's subject, so...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
But anyway, this has nothing directly to do with the OP's subject, so...

Agreed...I was just referencing a well-known American example of exactly the process to which you were referring.

It isn't often I agree that you are right, Larry..sorta surprised to find you unhappy that I did so...

Jeb Bush got exactly the result he wanted...don't you agree?

Cheers!!

Doug

Last edited:
Back